Sugar

Options
nurit1979
nurit1979 Posts: 88 Member
I've been tracking my food on MFP for a few days now and noticed that I am always over on my sugar. I typically snack on fruit (apples, oranges, bananas) and those are loaded with sugar, but I was wondering if it matters if I'm over the sugar allotment if it is coming from fruit? Opinions/help would be appreciated!

Replies

• JCThayer85
    JCThayer85 Posts: 21
    Options
    Sugars from fruits are fine, you just want to stay away from the sugars in junk food. I'm almost always over my sugar count.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Sugars from fruits are fine, you just want to stay away from the sugars in junk food. I'm almost always over my sugar count.

Unless you are diabetic or pre-diabetic or have some other health issue where sugar would be a concern I wouldn't worry about fruit sugars. Blueberries always put me over! My husband, who is diabetic, can't even have a banana without his blood sugar spiking.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    unless you are diabetic or insulin resistant, I wouldn't worry too much about the sugar in fruit. Just count the calories tho, to make sure you keep up with your total.
  • joeysfacts
    joeysfacts Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry as long as your aren't eating processed and packaged crap. However, I wouldn't eat too many bananas. I limit my fruit intake to my protein shake and right after I work out. I never drink fruit juice, even 100% pure. The sugars in there are crazy and you don't have the fiber of the whole fruit to balance everything off. I am always way over my protein and way under my carbs. But that is what my body responds best to. Everyone is different. Just figure out what works best for you