Back at it weight loss could use the support

Options
So last year I joined MFP and was very successful, came 12 lbs short of my goal and then when I took a trip with my girl friends in July I ended up falling off the band wagon. Well I went to the doctor yesterday to get my migraine medication switched, and when I was weighed I was shocked to say the least, I mean I know I gained weight but since last summer I have gained an embarrasing 18 lbs. :( I know quiting smoking contributed to that but no more excuses, I have a lot of weight to loose (32 lbs). I could use all the support I can get right now. Also, my migraine med was switched to topamax which is supposed to help with weight loss so wish me luck and thats for reading! :)

Replies

• futuremrsevers
    Options
    I don't know about your DR's office, but the scale at mine always reads higher than the one I have at home... so maybe its not completely you :)

Hang in there and jump back on the bandwagon!
  • JamieMommy1985
    JamieMommy1985 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support, I need to buy a new scale for my house, that will definitly help keep my weight in check :)
  • jaybaack
    jaybaack Posts: 15
    Options
    " .... but no more excuses, "

Stick with that mindset and you will get there.
    Get focused on you. Not the TV, facebook, friends. You and your goals. Only you can get up early to workout, only you can turn down that cigarette. Only you can opt NOT to stop at a fast food joint for some crap meal because it is "close and quick".

Find a plan that addresses food intake alteration, exercise and clean living habits and you will never have to worry about "falling off the wagon" again, because.. there will be no wagon.

you CAN do it.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I understand about falling off the wagon. I was using MFP at the end of last year and the beginning of this year to monitor my eating habits. I was on 3 different meds for my blood pressure and was able to come off all of them! Then I fell off the wagon, started eating bad again and my BP was way up this week. I'm starting new today!!

Best wishes!