Losing Weight and Me

Options
I've been trying to drop pounds for a couple years now. It seems like even when I eat right and exercise, I still manage to gain weight and fat. Does anyone have any advice/tips? (There are no medical issues. I should be able to lose weight without a problem.)

Replies

• lisaab27
    lisaab27 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot more water, or tea and cut back on salt which retains weight. Weigh your food, you can buy a little kitchen scale and also use measuring cups. No more than 1/2 cup carbs at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Oatmeal for breakfast lasts the longest and helps you not be as hungry by lunchtime so you don't overeat. Read the nutrition labels on foods and even bread. Some bread is very high in carbs and only 1 slice is what you should have for 2 slices. So switch to a bread lower in carbs so you can have a sandwich or use wraps. All this stuff adds up. Journal your food, that really does help. Switch to whole wheat items like pasta and breads because they fill you up more. To get used to whole wheat, I started by doing a 50/50 of regular and wheat until I got used to the wheat. Then I gradually decreased the white and now I use only wheat products. Use low fat or 2 % cheeses and low fat or fat free milk. Go organic when you can, it's healthier for you and tastes better, especially if you go fat free. Try out new recipes, especially for vegetables because most people don't like them. Make sure the recipes are healthy and not covered in cheese or sauces though. I've discovered oven grilling broccoli or cauliflower florets, tossed in a bit of olive oil and sprinkled with a no salt garlic herb seasoning blend is great! You can pop them in your mouth like popcorn! Hope these tips help...
  • JimmyRoss7
    JimmyRoss7 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Are you under your daily/weekly calories??
  • gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    Options
    Well your diary is closed, meh.

Anyway, how many calories do you eat? What do you eat? How often do you workout? What do you do? How many calories do you typically burn while working out?
  • MikaykayRachel
    Options
    JimmyRoss7 wrote: »
    Are you under your daily/weekly calories??
    I've just started really watching my calorie intake, and before I tried to stay below 1700 calories/day. Recently, I switched to 1200-1300 calories/day.
  • MikaykayRachel
    Options
    Usually, my meals are like this; for breakfast, yogurt and tea, for lunch, usually soup or a sandwich (I only use one slice of bread), dinner can vary, but I'm sure dinner is usually in the 500-600 calorie range. I workout up to 5 times a week for up to 15 minutes at a time. I'm just a college student right now, so my activity is somewhat limited. I've never tried to check to see how many calories I burn while working out.