UK Friends

Options
...and those from further afield, feel free to add me as I'm really interested in people's stories/journeys.

I wrote UK in the title because everyone's always talking about how many pounds they've lost and I'm mentally trying to calculate everything in stones!

I'm 27, new to this and desperate to lose 2-3 stones by August for my wedding. Any advice/friendship is welcome and I'll do my support to motivate you too!

Replies

• Astrogirl_87
    Astrogirl_87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hi there, im paul 25 and 8stone to lose. i would add you but tablet seems to mess up when trying to add people
    Congratulations on getting married. All i can say is lets do this grab the bull by the horns and lets be the skinny people we wish to be. one long tough hill to climb. But it can be done wish you all the best. Hopefully this app helps first day today

• rachelsomer
    rachelsomer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from the uk too so your post stood out. I'm 23 and trying to loose a stone. I managed to loose weight when using the app but I give up when I get near my goal weight and put it back on again. Looking to join a motivated group but don't want to mention to people I know that I'm on a diet.
  • PollySmith1505
    Options
    Hi, never replied to anything like this before, but thought I'd give it a go. I too am struggling with the U.S. To UK conversion! I'd like to loose 2-3 stone all of which I put on after second child. Fantastic news on the wedding congratulations!! Are you doing anything else to help you loose it or just this??
  • walkonfire5
    Options
    Hi I'm from the uk too so your post stood out. I'm 23 and trying to loose a stone. I managed to loose weight when using the app but I give up when I get near my goal weight and put it back on again. Looking to join a motivated group but don't want to mention to people I know that I'm on a diet.

You shouldnt say to yourself that your on a diet, its a whole life style choice its the lighter than light healthier mayonnaise its one biscuit instead of half a packet. Its a evening walk or a weekend bike ride. Or even instead of sitting watching your fav tv show watch it while on a stationary exercise bike. Its the healthy options you have to rewire your brain to make subconsciously your get there its all the small things that help to add up but it doesnt have to be that bad if you have a sweet tooth have a freddy frog but as a treat.

No to the word diet
    Yes to a new you and a whole new way of thinking and living

Wish you all the best with you goal
    Paul
  • rhoryborealis
    Options
    Hi All, Add me if you like, 27 stone down to 13 (bulked up to 16.5 over 3 years) currently cutting down to 14 for a power lifting competition.
  • walkonfire5
    Options
    Wow lost for words now that is amazing, the one thing im worried about is lose skin
  • rhoryborealis
    Options
    loose skin can be a problem I have quite a bit at 13 stone i still kinda looked like a fat guy but it wasn't saggy, i found the more omega/aloe Vera supplements i took the better it got (might just be a placebo effect) it's something to deal with once it's all done, there are things that can be done! just work on getting happy and healthy :smile:
  • xnikki70x
    xnikki70x Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can I ask what omega / aloe supplements you took please .....if anyone would like to add me please do so ....good luck everyone on your new journey :smiley:
  • walkonfire5
    Options
    Everyones more than welcome to add me as a friend. For some reason everything i click on a person profile it seems to mess up and say page is lost weird one. But please all the merrier more than welcome to add me
  • jessiemjporter
    jessiemjporter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hello~ Im Jessie from Derbyshire, UK
    I have 3-4 stone to lose (ideally)
    *kitten* me if you want ^.^
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    UKers feel free to add me too! I'd love to have some motivational buddies :D
  • liseloo79
    liseloo79 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    jessypug wrote: »
    UKers feel free to add me too! I'd love to have some motivational buddies :D

And me all you UK'ers :-)
  • walkonfire5
    Options
    Defo more the merrier hey, would add you all but for some reason this app messes up when i try to add people. But all more than welcome to add me. Its the support and motivation That makes it easier to reach thoughs goals
  • InADarkRoom
    InADarkRoom Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    And likewise....UK here and in need of motivational friends. Please feel free to add me. Loads of luck to you all! :)
  • hellobirdie_xo
    hellobirdie_xo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm from Cambridge & have an open diary :)
  • ThisCharmingFellow
    ThisCharmingFellow Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    In on UK thread; I'm in Nottingham. Always happy to have new friends :)
  • Jim_G30
    Jim_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Another UK'er. Frozen North to be precise.....Scotland. Happy to support any new friends that want to add me.
  • foxyroxy83
    foxyroxy83 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm from London please feel free to add me. Looking for more motivating and supportive friends that are serious about this journey
  • fleurk126
    fleurk126 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from the UK too - half-way through my second week with MPF. Other people's support means the world - and always keen to meet new, fun people. Feel free to add me. Congrats on the upcoming wedding by the way!