UP24, FitBit, or Nike Fuelband !?!!??

Options
So I've recently been researching ALL the different fitness bracelets and would LOVE to have one! I've read all the blogs and comparison, but would like some real experienced opinions.

A few things I would like for it to:
*Would love a HRM, but could sway on that.
*Has to play well with MFP
*Doesn't break the bank
*Can shower with it on
*Decent battery
*Accuracy !!
*Not aimed primarily for running or intensity

Thanks for all and any help!

Replies

• radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I've had my flex for a long time and I love it.
  • dpaden25
    dpaden25 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    radmack wrote: »
    I've had my flex for a long time and I love it.

Thanks! Does that read heart rate at all?
  • lta205
    lta205 Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The fitbit flex does not record heart rate.
    Though my wife got me mine for Christmas and so far I am impressed with it.
    The silent alarm is great for me as I am up before her for work.
    The integration with MFP is good too.
  • DevinJean123
    DevinJean123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the fitbit charge HR. It has a heart monitor 24/7 which was most important to me when finding a band. I think the up24 is the cutest but the screen on the charge is nice too. I wish I had it so I could give a full review!!
  • megan3marie
    megan3marie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit charge! I'm so obsessed with reaching my goal its a true motivation!
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    dpaden25 wrote: »
    So I've recently been researching ALL the different fitness bracelets and would LOVE to have one! I've read all the blogs and comparison, but would like some real experienced opinions.

*Doesn't break the bank
    *Can shower with it on
    *Decent battery
    *Accuracy !!

I have a FitBit Flex for each of your questions:

*Does not have a HRM
    *Does very well with MFP
    *I think it was under $100 (it was a Christmas gift)
    *Unsure about this, I take it off for my shower due to fear of ruining it. It's only off for about 10 minutes
    *Battery lasts 5-6 days. Once it hits low battery you have about 8-10 hours to charge and it takes about 2 hours for a full charge
    *Seems accurate to me, I've lost 4 lbs since Christmas
    *Good as a general step counter, sleep monitor, measuring distance, and calories burned IMO.

To be honest, I probably would have gone up to the FitBit Charge if I would have done more research so I can eliminate my watch as well.
  • Tobi43
    Tobi43 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have had my Flex (Fitbit) now for a year and I love how it syncs with MFP. :)
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Nike has all but abandoned the Fuelband, from what I've read, so I'd avoid that.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I would say look into the Garmin Vivofit. It can be paired with a HRM when weight training, plays nice with MFP and isn't super pricey. Good luck! I personally have a Polar Loop which is very comparable to the vivofit, but doesn't play nice with MFP. Other than that I love everything about it.
  • dpaden25
    Options
    dpaden25 wrote: »

*Doesn't break the bank
    *Can shower with it on
    *Decent battery
    *Accuracy !!

I have a FitBit Flex for each of your questions:

*Does not have a HRM
    *Does very well with MFP
    *I think it was under $100 (it was a Christmas gift)
    *Unsure about this, I take it off for my shower due to fear of ruining it. It's only off for about 10 minutes
    *Battery lasts 5-6 days. Once it hits low battery you have about 8-10 hours to charge and it takes about 2 hours for a full charge
    *Seems accurate to me, I've lost 4 lbs since Christmas
    *Good as a general step counter, sleep monitor, measuring distance, and calories burned IMO.

To be honest, I probably would have gone up to the FitBit Charge if I would have done more research so I can eliminate my watch as well.

Thank you! Really helps!
  • dpaden25
    Options
    Nike has all but abandoned the Fuelband, from what I've read, so I'd avoid that.

Oh! I didn't know that! Glad to know that. I want nothing that's on the verge
  • dpaden25
    Options
    I would say look into the Garmin Vivofit. It can be paired with a HRM when weight training, plays nice with MFP and isn't super pricey. Good luck! I personally have a Polar Loop which is very comparable to the vivofit, but doesn't play nice with MFP. Other than that I love everything about it.

Thanks! Never thought about a Garmin
  • dpaden25
    Options
    Tobi43 wrote: »
    I have had my Flex (Fitbit) now for a year and I love how it syncs with MFP. :)

Thanks! I see FitBit may be the overall choice for most :smile:
  • nicolemarie0131
    nicolemarie0131 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have had a Fitbit since I started MFP in 2012. I LOVE the Fitbit brand. I have had the very first Ultra ( no longer available(, the Force (same as the Charge, before the Charge came out, and currently have the Flex . I just ordered the new Charge HR and should be getting it this week. The Charge HR will give you the continuous HR you are looking for. I'm not sure if you can wear it in the shower or not. Any other questions you may have feel free to message me, I am a HUGE advocate for the Fitbit brand. I even have the scale :)
  • BethLiam1
    BethLiam1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just got my fitbit charge after a weekend long research and review.. used pcmags reviews to help me decide. (only one was above it but was 199.00) was going to go with the charge hr but there is a free hr app on my phone so i didnt want to spend the extra for the charge hr.. i love it have had it on all day and been all over the office just trying to up my goal!!!
  • momswanson
    momswanson Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit Force but the latch on the band didn't work right so I lost it! My mother graciously replaced my band with an Up24 and I love it. It is very accurate, more so than the Fitbit! The Fitbit gave me steps when typing and riding in the car! It does not have a HRM so I wear a Polar F7 when I workout at the gym. It is recommended that you do not wear your UP24 in the shower, which is not unreasonable, how many steps are you really taking in the shower?

I hope this helps!
  • raken80
    Options
    I got a charge for Christmas and really like it! I do have a few issues with accuracy, but I guess none of them are perfect from what I've read. It sync's nicely with MFP (I stopped using the fitbit site as MFP site is more user friendly). The only new info I can provide is that I take my Charge off when showering because that was in the instructions.
  • bellanjay
    Options
    I just got the Fitbit Chargr HR and love it so far. I didn't realize we could sync it with MFP. I'll have to look into it.
  • charmedsooner
    charmedsooner Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been looking at the Fitbit Charge HR and the Garmin VivoSmart, because of all the extra features they incorporated (HRM, text alerts, etc.). The Charge HR seems to be on backorder, but I think I will wait for it. I believe both integrate well with MFP.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex and LOVE it!!