Combating middle aged spread, NE UK

Options
FastOlly
FastOlly Posts: 12 Member
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all,

I'm Olly, in North East England. I'm approaching 40 this year, and the belly has started expanding... I've decided to halt its progress, and try to be a bit healthier.

I started swimming near the end of 2014 - I now go 5 or 6 times a week, every morning before work, and usually once at weekends. I normally cover 800-1000m per session, breaststroke. I've also started a "Couch to 5k" running program (on to Week 2, Day 1 today), and I'm surprised at how much I am enjoying it - even in this evening's snow showers!

I find I am really motivated by monitoring my statistics, so I use Endomondo to track my exercise (and manage my running program), and I've only just started using MyFitnessPal to raise my awareness of my food intake.

I'm not massively overweight (BMI of 25.1 when I started swimming, down to 24.8 already), and I don't have massive weight loss goals - I just want a slimmer belly, and to feel a bit livelier and fitter.

That's me!! :)

Replies

• moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I respect you man! I would love to get more into swimming. I think I drink more in the pool than I paddle. Definitely not a good thing in public pools! :s
  • FastOlly
    Options
    Thanks. :smile:
  • jillyjill1968
    jillyjill1968 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello from Missouri! I'm Jill & I'm praying I figure this app out soon! ❤️
  • FastOlly
    Options
    Hi Jill! I'm sure you'll get it figured out - there's lots of good advice and support available on here.
  • FastOlly
    Options
    Anyone else in North East England?
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Hello Olly & welcome to MFP!

and sorry I'm from across the pond also.
  • FastOlly
    Options
    Thanks, RTC :smile:
  • Ioana1977
    Options
    FastOlly wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm Olly, in North East England. I'm approaching 40 this year, and the belly has started expanding... I've decided to halt its progress, and try to be a bit healthier.

I started swimming near the end of 2014 - I now go 5 or 6 times a week, every morning before work, and usually once at weekends. I normally cover 800-1000m per session, breaststroke. I've also started a "Couch to 5k" running program (on to Week 2, Day 1 today), and I'm surprised at how much I am enjoying it - even in this evening's snow showers!

I find I am really motivated by monitoring my statistics, so I use Endomondo to track my exercise (and manage my running program), and I've only just started using MyFitnessPal to raise my awareness of my food intake.

I'm not massively overweight (BMI of 25.1 when I started swimming, down to 24.8 already), and I don't have massive weight loss goals - I just want a slimmer belly, and to feel a bit livelier and fitter.

That's me!! :)

• Ioana1977
    Options
    Hi Olly, I admire you for your perseverance and progress. Keep going! You're on the right track ;)
  • FastOlly
    Options
    Thanks Ioana! :smile: