Does this look ok? Or just no (pic I hope)

Options

Replies

• 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Most of my heels or platforms had stretchy straps and I sure stretched the heck out of them, even the toe area looks too large

The thick black belts I have are like elastic and have only a small amount of leather for buckling
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    why don't you poke new holes in the straps of your shoes like you would for a belt?

Meant to say this too! However, if you are like me it wasn't just the straps that were too loose, the whole entire shoe was stretched out causing them to flip all around even when the straps were tighter.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I think the boots are way to heavy and clunky looking for a pretty light summery dress like the one you have one. Go to Penney's, Kohl's, TJ Maxx or wherever and get a pair of cheap flip-flops/sandals for $10.
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    love them, just not together.
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm all for boots with dresses! But you have to make sure you balance it out on the top. Either match more with all the pieces (I do a lot of black on black), or match your accessories to your boots. You need a belt or a jacket. But you look cute and comfy. :)
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I think it looks great, but if you have a wide belt, maybe that would help tie them into the outfit a bit better :) IMO

I agree. A wide belt or a cropped jacket would pull it together better.

I agree with this!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You could make it work with a dark blazer or dark belt and cardigan, but as is, it doesn't work. The boots are just way too heavy for that dress.

Pick up an inexpensive pair of sandals from Walmart?
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I got a cheap pair of tan sandals last week, thanks everyone
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I think it looks great, but if you have a wide belt, maybe that would help tie them into the outfit a bit better :) IMO

This.

Add a belt

I third the belt idea :) Cute!!
  • Apeck87
    Apeck87 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    please dont wear boots in the summer time. i really hate that look and i will never understand it..

congrats on your weight loss success!
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm on the "wear it with a belt or cardigan" bandwagon.

ETA: I think wearing boots in any season is okay as long as your feet aren't sweating.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't wear those boots unless you wear a jacket or cardigan. The boots are fall/winter and your dress is spring/summer. But that is my opinion. You could wear almost any color sandal/heel/shoe with that dress (which you look adorable in btw). Do you have purple, yellow, gold, silver, blue, orange, brown?

THIS...

is why guys shouldn't reply to this thread
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    You could just buy a bunch of cheap flip flops in lots of different colors. I think you look cute though.
  • m11ekd
    m11ekd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    just wanted to say one thing WOW!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    IMO the dress looks way too casual for the boots, but then again i don't quite understand the fascination lately with girls wearing summer cloths with winter shoes, but do what you gotta do.

congrats on the weight loss

I thought it was just me. LOL.

OP, You look cute, but I'd lose the boots. Congrats on your success!
  • yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't wear those boots unless you wear a jacket or cardigan. The boots are fall/winter and your dress is spring/summer. But that is my opinion. You could wear almost any color sandal/heel/shoe with that dress (which you look adorable in btw). Do you have purple, yellow, gold, silver, blue, orange, brown?

THIS...

is why guys shouldn't reply to this thread

what a foolish statement.
    many men are extremely stylish, and several are highly influential in the fashion industry.
  • butterfly10398
    Options

THIS!!!
  • 3_is_enough
    3_is_enough Posts: 25
    Options
    As someone already posted, it would probably look better with a light jacket or cardigan.

Or you could always buy some $1 flip-flops!
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I think if you are gong to wear the boots you should add maybe a belt and some jewelry. Turquoise? Or like someone else mentioned, perhaps a black cardigan or shawl.