Anyone else have the urge to eat when you are not hungry/feel completely satisfied?

Options
I deal with this a lot. Almost every day I find myself fighting the urge to eat at random times, regardless of the fact that I am not hungry. It's not the same as cravings which most of the time have me wanting something specific, when I get this urge I'll eat just about anything. If any of you have experience with this I would love to know how you handle it and any tricks/tips you have would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• rollypolly711
    rollypolly711 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I normally find a way to distract myself whether its reading a book doing another hobby or going for a short run
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Ummm ironic you should bring this up. I went over my tdee yesterday by over 1000. Never done it before, will never do it again!
    I was completely full after dinner, but I decided to have a huge bowl of icecream with a banana added. When I finished that I went and had another bowl of the same. 1tbs would have sufficed lol
    Sorry no help OP.If I'm just venting. I'm so annoyed with myself!

• EllieWool
    Options
    Absolutely I do this! I put it down to being an Ex Smoker and have some hand to mouth fixation driving me.
    That said I try to have something like fruit tea or warm water with lemon to sip on - I've heard people suggest ice cubes or chewing a straw! They need to bring out calorie free flavoured dust!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    All the time. I get a lot of knitting done during these times.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    All the time. I get a lot of knitting done during these times.

haha I grab my book, go to bed and shut the door!

• MizJoy
    MizJoy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I eat a fruit or yogurt, sometimes even drinking room temperature water helps.
  • NathanInsanity
    NathanInsanity Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I usually just chew gum, seems to do the job
  • sabby031282
    Options
    Yh chew gum only 2 cals
  • WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    All the time.

I have a lot of pretty clean munchies around for when I can't stand it (love to nibble at something while I read), but otherwise... I just don't.

It's just a mind set that you get into - walking out of the kitchen when you aren't hungry.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Lately it's if I'm bored or tired. I try to stick with my healthier snack options, and I don't worry about it too much if it fits in my calorie goals. I usually try harder to cut off eating after 7:30 PM though.
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Like some others have suggested, I chew gum. It keeps my mouth occupied, but also, after I spit it out, the spearmint flavor of the gum makes anything else I try to eat taste nasty. Win/win.
  • Dee00006
    Options
    I try drinking additional fluids. I have ridden the house of bad snacks. Working out helps cut down over eating.
  • kittysays
    kittysays Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sometimes flavored herbal tea helps me, or I go for a walk or go to bed haha
  • ashleyadeline
    ashleyadeline Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Drink tea or coffee or go for a walk. That is what always helps me (: