Business Travel Tips

Options
I know there are older posts about this issue but my problem is that a lot of my travel is windshield time and I find that I am a very snacky driver. Does anyone have tips or good snacks that I can munch on when I drive that doesn't get me too far off track? Thank you!

Replies

• Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I like almonds, cheese sticks (mini baby bell cheese are my favorites), veggies, apples. I typically will take oat meal with me in case there is little options at the hotels I am staying. Traveling can be really hard.
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I chew gum. :\
  • DonnaJones7
    DonnaJones7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Sounds silly, but really do try the gum. One time I bought all the flavors of Trident and Extra and tried a new one each time I was hungry. Some were terrible, but it was rather amusing. Also: remember that healthy choices CAN be easy. Stop at a grocery store and buy the already-cut fruit, or whole bananas and apples or even hit the salad bar rather than stopping at a gas station. You can do it! And when you go to restaurants, remember that YOU are in charge and it's really your personal chef. Order well and eat well and you don't have to do the work!
  • firesweetheart
    firesweetheart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I travel an immense amount for work (lots of time in transit but also lots of days away from home where I'm at a desk for 10+ hours). I've found staying hydrated really helps reduce my hunger. Other than that I like to plan my snack meals out, meaning I pack lots of snacks but they're all portioned to keep me accountable.

Rather than bringing a giant bag of goldfish or chips where I can't monitor how much I've eaten, I make my own single serving size bags and bring those (it's cheaper to buy in bulk and portion than to buy those '100 calorie' bags). Grapes, clementines, carrots and celery are good options too. I also like trail mix with dried fruit for a little bit of sweetness, protein, and fiber.

My last tip is take the time to stop, stretch your legs, and use the restroom regularly. Sounds silly but I find myself less inclined to snack when I'm comfortable and not all restless behind the wheel. And drinking a lot of water leads to more frequent stops for me ;)
  • ogsteinkid
    Options
    Thank you all for your ideas!!!! <3