Polar FT60 how to set audible alarm

Options
In the mean time that I'm searching for the new HRM.

I'm still using my Polar FT60 with strap.

Anyone who use this model knows how to set beeping alarm for your heart rate target zone?

Now as I jog…I gotta keep looking at my watch and make sure I don’t go much higher than my max heart rate and now walk too long to go below the heart rate zone.
A little beep/alarm or vibrate to notify would be nice.

THANK YOU ALL!

Replies

• getalife9353
    getalife9353 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If I am not mistaken, in training mode press and hold the light button and it will take you to a quick menu where you can adjust the sounds.
    Alternatively go to www.polaruse.com select products, select fitness and cross-training, then select the FT60. Select support and somewhere on the page there should be a link to download the user manual.
    You say you want to be sure you don't go much higher then your max heart rate. You know you can't go over your max heart rate? If you are going over what the unit says is your max heart rate, you need to change the max heart rate. (see the user manual). I believe polar uses 220-your age to estimate your max heart rate. This may or may not be accurate for you. This formula is about 18bpm low for me.