What is your meal plan?

Options
2»

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Breakfast: Crisp bread w/spread (fish or meat based), whole milk, fruit, raw vegetable.
    Lunch and snack: Oatmeal, smoothie, crisp bread and milk, salad, pie, soup, egg, ham, or whatever, mixed to fit. Always some raw vegetable, and a fruit for one of those meals.
    Dinner: Starch (rice, potatoes, sweet potato, barley, pasta), fatty protein (salmon, chicken, pork, beef, lamb), and vegetables (peas, beans or mixed salad). Or soup with bacon, or a pot dish.
    Dessert if otherwise too low calorie day: Dried fruit, cheese, nuts, fruit, meat, hot cocoa.
    Supper: Cheese/nuts/nut butter, fruit, raw vegetable.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm older, short, and have very few calories to play with. My diary's public, and I'm boring, since I tend to eat the same thing for a few days running. I'm a vegetarian and the rest of my family isn't, so I cook ahead and eat left overs.

Today I'll probably have tea and a Quest bar for breakfast (I have a busy morning), a homemade chickpea patty and steamed broccoli for lunch, and maybe some yogurt and oatmeal for dinner. I like to eat my main meal at lunch most days. I might have a hard boiled egg for a snack. It depends how the calories work out today.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I am a vegetarian with an open food diary.

Today's breakfast-
    Coffee with a cup of milk split between cups
    light'n'fit greek yogurt
    big apple (170g on the food scale)
    1/2 cup (40g on the food scale) of oats mixed into my yogurt.

I try to eat a protien dense food with each meal, to ensure I get enough. My go-to protiens are- beans, eggs, tofu, yogurt,almonds,protien shakes, cottage cheese,veggie burgers/plant based meats (I go for low fat versions).

I eat three 400ish calorie meals a day, and one smaller "meal/snack" before bed. Sometimes I have higher calorie days, but they tend to average out over the course of a week.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - typically skip it

Lunch - small portion of leftovers from dinner, salad, crackers or apple with hummus, veggies stick with peanut butter, soup (approx 250-400 calories)

I typically prepare and eat what to me is a normal sized dinner (anywhere from 900 - 1400 calories), including a glass or two of wine.

Sometimes I have a couple of cookies, piece of chocolate and berries or handful of sweetened nuts for dessert