Hey everyone!

Options
smalltown_princess
smalltown_princess Posts: 155 Member
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
So I'm a nursing major who recently started Olympic lifting and I've found out how huge a part of nutrition is for your body!
I'm just here to fuel my body the way it needs to be able to preform the way I want to!
Can't wait to get to know all of you!

Replies

• JimmyRoss7
    JimmyRoss7 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • mjmartinez514
    mjmartinez514 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Fueling your body properly is so important to build strength and endurance! I took a nutrition elective in college and was heavily involved in the gym while I took it. One thing that stuck with me in that class was that for post-workout, eat a piece of fruit or some type of complex carb as soon as you can afterwards before protein. It increases glycogen stores and makes more room for the good energy you need in your workouts! I actually noticed a pretty big difference after I started doing that. Anyway, good luck!
  • smalltown_princess
    smalltown_princess Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I've been making smoothies (frozen fruit, spinach, protein powder and water) for my breakfast since I work out at 6am o I normally don't eat anything after.
    Right now I'm training for a baby triathlon so recently I've been focusing more on cardio with a few lighr lifting days thrown in.