tomatoey wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    emily_stew wrote: »
    If I've learned nothing in these last few pages, it's that if one poster finds pasta not filling, therefore pasta in any form-with any permutation of sauces, meats, or veg-is non filling, for everyone, in any serving size. Cool!

if you're adding meat or vegetables, it's no longer just pasta and it's those foods that are considered as to whether or not it's filling. doesn't take away from the original premise.

I don't even know what your original premise is or was. It seems to be that you find pasta (plain or otherwise) unfilling, and are extrapolating your experience to everyone, which is ridiculous.
    But I don't feel like getting sucked into your rabbit hole of arguing literal nonsense, so I'm going to go back to just lurking on this thread.

lol, so you insult me and then go back to lurking. obviously you want to argue in that case.

original premise was that if you eat right, you don't have to track calories. so, you're saying that eating plain pasta is just as filling as more nutritionally dense foods?

There's no right way of eating. What's right for you isn't right for me. What's right for me isn't right for you and so forth.

Even if a person eats "right", it's best to count calories to ensure you are eating in a calorie deficit.

One can overeat nuts just as easily as one can overeat chips.

you didn't even respond to anything i said in that post.

you also contradicted yourself. if everyone differs then saying that it's "best" to count calories would also differ among people. good job contradicting yourself. i don't need to count calories every day in order to maintain. i mostly can do it intuitively, thus the point of this thread.

Best doesn't mean right.

It's just what most choose to do in order to be most successful. After all, this is a CALORIE COUNTING site.

Best implies right. Who are you to speak for everyone? Your point is hypocritical after telling me that I can't speak for everyone about pasta even though I did it just as much as you did.

Yes, it's a calorie counting site. I used it to lose weight. Now that I'm maintaining, I only use it when I either am curious about my calories or if I'm up a couple pounds, which means I use it very rarely.

Wow. I don't even know where to begin. It's so sad.

FFF, why are you even bothering with her? Intentionally obtuse to the extreme.

Why is everyone bullying this person? I don't get it. Seriously. People have different preferences and different definitions of what 'healthy' means. Some people do well on high-fibre/low-fat diets. Some do well on gluten-free. Some do well on lower-carb. More people than just Aviva, I mean it's ridiculous to say otherwise, we're ten years into low-carbism and many people have found it to work for them. I don't understand the bullying.

There has been no bullying, and no one has said low carb does not work for some people.

uh, well all i said was that it does work for some people.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    If I've learned nothing in these last few pages, it's that if one poster finds pasta not filling, therefore pasta in any form-with any permutation of sauces, meats, or veg-is non filling, for everyone, in any serving size. Cool!

if you're adding meat or vegetables, it's no longer just pasta and it's those foods that are considered as to whether or not it's filling. doesn't take away from the original premise.

I don't even know what your original premise is or was. It seems to be that you find pasta (plain or otherwise) unfilling, and are extrapolating your experience to everyone, which is ridiculous.
    But I don't feel like getting sucked into your rabbit hole of arguing literal nonsense, so I'm going to go back to just lurking on this thread.

lol, so you insult me and then go back to lurking. obviously you want to argue in that case.

original premise was that if you eat right, you don't have to track calories. so, you're saying that eating plain pasta is just as filling as more nutritionally dense foods?

There's no right way of eating. What's right for you isn't right for me. What's right for me isn't right for you and so forth.

Even if a person eats "right", it's best to count calories to ensure you are eating in a calorie deficit.

One can overeat nuts just as easily as one can overeat chips.

you didn't even respond to anything i said in that post.

you also contradicted yourself. if everyone differs then saying that it's "best" to count calories would also differ among people. good job contradicting yourself. i don't need to count calories every day in order to maintain. i mostly can do it intuitively, thus the point of this thread.

Best doesn't mean right.

It's just what most choose to do in order to be most successful. After all, this is a CALORIE COUNTING site.

Best implies right. Who are you to speak for everyone? Your point is hypocritical after telling me that I can't speak for everyone about pasta even though I did it just as much as you did.

Yes, it's a calorie counting site. I used it to lose weight. Now that I'm maintaining, I only use it when I either am curious about my calories or if I'm up a couple pounds, which means I use it very rarely.

Wow. I don't even know where to begin. It's so sad.

FFF, why are you even bothering with her? Intentionally obtuse to the extreme.

Why is everyone bullying this person? I don't get it. Seriously. People have different preferences and different definitions of what 'healthy' means. Some people do well on high-fibre/low-fat diets. Some do well on gluten-free. Some do well on lower-carb. More people than just Aviva, I mean it's ridiculous to say otherwise, we're ten years into low-carbism and many people have found it to work for them. I don't understand the bullying.

There has been no bullying, and no one has said low carb does not work for some people.

incorrect. there have been quite a few insults thrown around. is this just allowed on here now?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    687474703a2f2f7777772e676966736f75702e636f6d2f776562726f6f742f616e696d61746564676966732f36363235305f6f2e676966

Thread closed. Too lazy to copy pasta guidelines 1 and 2.
This discussion has been closed.