Do people who lose about 200 pounds usually need a facelift?

Options
waituntil
waituntil Posts: 42 Member
While I've been researching cosmetic surgery for loose skin (for after I finish losing all the weight left), I noticed that many had body contouring surgery, but didn't hear too much about face lifts.

So just wondering, have any of you who have lost upwards of 200 pounds needed a facelift? or has the facial skin stayed good?

Thanks

Replies

• waituntil
    Options
    Does the lose skin happen on the face and neck bad? Or is it just minor?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost 200 lb nor will I since I'm close to goal...but since you haven't had responses yet, I've lost 138 lb and mine's okay...however even at my heaviest I didn't really have much of a double chin or anything. Everyone is very different in this area. Just like with skin on our bodies. Technically I probably should have surgery on my arms and upper abdomen if I wanted to look 'perfect' but I'm not interested. I know someone who has lost the exact same amount of weight I have and she has NO trouble areas...I know others who feel the need for surgery on their lower belly "apron" and have only lost 40 lb.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    200 pounds is my goal... So far I've lost 126. I'll definitely have loose skin on my arms and stomach. Probably on my thighs and breasts too. But my face is doing great so far. I don't anticipate any problems in that area. However I have a friend whose mother lost 100 pounds... And her face is where she has noticed loose skin the worst. So I'm guessing a lot of it'll just be genetics.
  • waituntil
    Options
    Thank you so much to both of you for your answers. I am losing weight and I was worried that I will end up needing one. So it's good to hear other people's experience.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    I have lost 250lbs so far and this is my face without a face lift
    Untitled.jpg
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    A lot of it is to do with age, too. Generally people who lose that much weight who are older than 45-50 tend to look a little older because of the lost weight, whilst younger people who lose that much weight tend to look younger in the face because of it. Though this isn't the case for everyone as you can see that a fair few older people in the success stories threads look younger.
  • waituntil
    Options
    Cerakoala wrote: »
    Untitled.jpg
    You look gorgeous! Yay thank you for showing me your pics! You don't need a facelift. Gives me hope. :)
  • waituntil
    Options
    A lot of it is to do with age, too. Generally people who lose that much weight who are older than 45-50 tend to look a little older because of the lost weight, whilst younger people who lose that much weight tend to look younger in the face because of it. Though this isn't the case for everyone as you can see that a fair few older people in the success stories threads look younger.
    Thanks for your insight. It encourages me.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I think it's really genetics. Even when I'm not particularly fat I've always had a fat face. And turkey neck runs in my family. I've lost nowhere near 200 lbs and I could definitely do with a face lift (I'm not about to have one but I'd certainly look better if I did) whereas I know people way fatter than me who don't have any face issues at all.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Untitled.jpg
    Wow, jaw dropper! You are stunning! Yours is possibly the most amazing transformation I have ever seen!
  • ambermarie143
    ambermarie143 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Untitled.jpg

You look absolutely amazing! Can I ask how long it took you to get where you are now? I have 200lbs to lose.
  • lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    From lengthy research the face definitely seems to suffer the least regarding loose skin. Despite my age I have the palest, most unstretchy/unbouncy back skin ever but my double chin snapped right back. One of the few places on my body where I can't pinch the excess skin!
    Saying that, I have seen people age in their face when they lose large amounts of weight but all the people I'm referring to were 50,60+
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I don't think so but the loose skin I do have I see as well deserved battery scars on a war that I am winning.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have 170-180 pounds to lose, so far lost close to 100. My face has no loose skin at all, not even traces of having had a double chin in the past. What I HAVE noticed though is that I'm starting to get subtle fine lines. Maybe it's just a coincidence because I've started losing the weight in my thirties when fine lines start to show up anyway.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    Options
    I did have that turkey chin around 140 loss mark but seems to be gone now.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Untitled.jpg

You're amazing!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Untitled.jpg

You're amazing!

x2. Amazing!!!!!!!!!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!