Calorie burn on Kayla Itsine's BBG

Options
I've started doing Kayla Itsines' BBG and I've been tracking the calories burned on it and it seems pretty low. I'm using a Polar FT7 heart rate monitor and I do push hard on these exercises but only seem to get a maximum of 200 calories burned.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• savilein
    Options
    I have a polarft4f and for the kayla workouts i always get different results.. for the legs&cardio i mostly get around 350 kcal burned.. how many times do you go through with the workout? (:
  • summerbabe65
    summerbabe65 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    savilein wrote: »
    I have a polarft4f and for the kayla workouts i always get different results.. for the legs&cardio i mostly get around 350 kcal burned.. how many times do you go through with the workout? (:

I get through the workouts about twice through each time. I feel so guilty now... :(
  • savilein
    Options

I get through the workouts about twice through each time. I feel so guilty now... :(

I always get through them pretty fast..try picking up the tempo (: and I always do a seperate warm up (running) which also leads to me burning more while doing the kayla workouts.. and everyone is different, don't feel guilty :*
  • summerbabe65
    summerbabe65 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I always get through them pretty fast..try picking up the tempo (: and I always do a seperate warm up (running) which also leads to me burning more while doing the kayla workouts.. and everyone is different, don't feel guilty :*

Thanks so much for your help xx I'll try picking up the tempo and see if that works. Though it's damn hard trying to do more than 2 or 2.5 repetitions xD we can do this right?
  • savilein
    Options
    Of course! :*
  • Hannahaloha
    Hannahaloha Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can only get through each circuit once in the 7 minute period, but I do both circuits 2 times. So 4 all together and burn right around 350 calories. Try added extra weight, and make sure you're not waiting too long between exercises because that will bring your heart rate down, causing your calories burned to lower.
  • samanthasablich808
    samanthasablich808 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    don't forget that high intensity strength workouts actually have an after-burn effect, meaning you will keep burning calories for up to an hour after the workout is complete. So if your watch is saying 200 calories burned, it's probably more like 400 total.