Is there anyone doing a Valentines Day Challenge?

Options
As of 1/13/2015, I weighed in at 218.6 lbs, I have lost 5.2 lbs, but I didn't start getting really serious until this past Friday, 1/9/15. I have my goals set, I want to weigh 200 lbs by Valentines Day so I could buy a new outfit. I know it seems like a lot but I am on a program (6 week body makeover) that I did before and I am exercising a lot. Is there anyone doing a challenge on here? If not I just need some support, hubby supports me but when it comes to food sometimes he forgets what I am trying to do and brings me chips or cookies, last night it was a king size almond joy! I don't mind him doing that but it is so hard for me to refuse! I am trying to drop as much weight as I can before March 5th because I have to have knee surgery that day and I won't be able to exercise for a couple of months so weight loss will have to be based solely on what I eat. My goal for March 5th is 191 lbs. My ultimate goal is to be down to 125-130 lbs by December 31st, 2015. I did this before, I went from 212 lbs to 133 lbs in 5 months back in 2011 but since I got with my husband I slipped back into my old eating habits and I kept thinking "I lost the weight before, I can do it again" and i didn't do it. Of course hubby kept saying "you look fine" so I stopped thinking about it. I got pregnant, and got bigger and bigger, my final pregnancy weight was 230 lbs, post pregnancy was 215 lbs. Baby Girl is 6 months old and I am out of excuses. Sorry to vent, it is just that I don't have anyone to talk to about this, my family doesn't support me losing weight, and my hubby tries but he also feels like I am not happy when I am not eating my junkfood.

Replies

• karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my 6 week challenge with my gym tomorrow! It's a hard one for me especially when combined with kids and work etc.

Kudos for getting started and congratulations on the weight you've already lost!

You can possibly ask a good or a personal trainer for exercises to do while recovering from your surgery. Just cause you can't use your knee doesn't mean you can't use your arms :)

I know it'll be hard but I think you're awesome enough to give it a bloody good try