Feeling deflated...

Options
So it's only my first week and I've missed my target weight loss of 2lb, and only lost 1lb. I've been doing really well with exercise and calorie counting, but think I need to get more protein and less carbs....just feeling a bit deflated right now :(

Replies

• karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Any loss is a loss!! A least you are moving in the right direction! It's tough but worth it! Also make sure you are weighing EVERYTHING, it's amazing what a small discrepancy does to the daily total. Good luck! You got this!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    how much do you have to lose?

losing a pound a week is a good rate of loss
  • rhoryborealis
    Options
    A Loss is a loss getting 50% of your goal is still an achievement, you're not going to hit it every time you'll get peaks and valleys weight fluctuates due to water, electrolyte/salt intake. play about with your diet drop some carbs raise some protein but keep calories the same and see how it fits. This is something for the long run and if you're new to weight loss/dieting it's all trial and error. Keep your chin up and aim for 2 again next week!
  • mmgavitt
    mmgavitt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A loss is a loss is a loss. The small things add up. I am like you too and hate missing goals and used to get down about a small loss and then would eat way to much and gain triple the amount back. So stupid of me. Just keep at it. Don't do what I did!
  • walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hey there, oi dont you start go feeling down about yourself your here for the long road i need to lose 110 pounds.. . Dont weigh urself 3 weeks all this weekly weigh in makes you feel depressed. Dont think of it as a diet. You need to rewird your whole way of thinking and that takes time so dont feel down dont even think about it dont keep checking your weight i lost over 45pounds how by sticking a ton of money with a family remember and i wont thar back by sticking up a pic of a bed bound fat person and i dont wanna end up covered on sores and cant sit up without the help of a health team. so stick on money down stick up a pic and join gym go for walks bike rides eat healthy its the small things that add up and it takes time dont forget that best of luck smile move more eat less and eat healthy
    Paul
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    A one pound loss is fantastic! It is hard to lose 1 pound a week, let alone 2, depending on where you're starting. Just KEEP AT IT and you will reach your goal!
  • helenrachel123
    helenrachel123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    well done on the one pound weight loss stick at it and you will get there better to lose it slowly and steadily as more chance of keeping it off then
  • gettinfitaus
    gettinfitaus Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have been at this since November and have not lost one single solitary kilo. Not one. BUT I have lost 11cm.... my point is that you may not have lost all of the weight you want but what about bulk?
  • conbi
    conbi Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I have 51lbs to lose total. I'm trying to stay positive - it's a learning curve because I've never calorie counted before or inspected my percentage protein in what I'm eating!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing weight at all!!!
    Good on ya for getting there and giving it your best!!!
    F**k the stupid scales. They can't tell you how awesome you are, nor can they tell you how pretty your hair is. They can only tell you the numerical value of the earth's gravitational pull.
  • conbi
    conbi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing weight at all!!!
    Good on ya for getting there and giving it your best!!!
    F**k the stupid scales. They can't tell you how awesome you are, nor can they tell you how pretty your hair is. They can only tell you the numerical value of the earth's gravitational pull.

lmao.....I love this :D
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    It's true though, don't be overly concerned with numbers. You are doing great
  • walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Everyone should truly stop over weighing myselfs only gets you down. No time in adding the weight on but takes ages to lose it losing about 1-2 pounds a week is about right i say dont weigh but go by your clothes dont think about it over time your clothes will get lose check once a month or so but not all the time. Lets rewire our brains to stop our selfs thinking we are on a diet its just a more healthier life style move more eat less and eat healthy
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    conbi wrote: »

I have 51lbs to lose total. I'm trying to stay positive - it's a learning curve because I've never calorie counted before or inspected my percentage protein in what I'm eating!

a pound a week is fine.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    A pound in a week is good - especially if the direction was down. ;-) Take your mind off food for a moment and take time to fill out your profile. It will help your commitment to the process. Add a photo - let people see who you are (and you'll appreciate the history later - I promise).

Start to think about this as part of your life, not your entire life.
  • milkywayward
    milkywayward Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't set goals in terms of wanting to lose X pounds a week or Y pounds by a specific date. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment that way. Set goals in terms of things you can directly control, like your food intake/macro split/activity level.