What food should I eat And food I should stay away from

Options
2»

Replies

• Latoya_Richardson
    Latoya_Richardson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    OP, hopefully you're not just saying thank you but instead are going to listen to the good advice you're getting.
    I am I gain a little person and I'm not happy about that
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Because this is a calorie counting site, I suggest that you buy a scale so that you can accurately weigh out whatever you happen to be eating.

Here's some good links that I suggest you read, they've been very helpful for a lot of people on this site:

The Wisdom of Trogalicious

Logging Accurately

Sexypants Guide

You don't need to eat on a schedule (for example, many people don't eat breakfast), unless not eating during a certain time period leads you to binge later. Eating right before bed won't make you fat. I personally don't do it because I hate sleeping on a full stomach. I hope this helps out. Good luck!
  • Latoya_Richardson
    Options
    It was I will check those links out
  • eeelizabeth2012
    eeelizabeth2012 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Kitchen scales are fairly inexpensive. I would learn more about sizes and portions. I try to avoid anything overly processed and aim for the healthiest version of each thing I do buy. For example: plain low fat greek yogurt vs. the ones with flavours and sugar. I aim for extra lean ground beef vs. regular. I always go for whole wheat bread vs. white. I try to incorporate as much fruits and veggies as I can. When craving something or feeling hungry even though maybe I just ate, I reach for fruit (it is still sweet and tasty) or cut up and bake a whole wheat pita bread or tortilla wrap with olive oil and seasoning rather than reaching for chips. I drink only water, skimmed milk, and coffee. Things like juice and pop are a complete waste. They are filled with nothing but sugar, carbs, and calories, in my opinion.
  • Latoya_Richardson
    Options
    Kitchen scales are fairly inexpensive. I would learn more about sizes and portions. I try to avoid anything overly processed and aim for the healthiest version of each thing I do buy. For example: plain low fat greek yogurt vs. the ones with flavours and sugar. I aim for extra lean ground beef vs. regular. I always go for whole wheat bread vs. white. I try to incorporate as much fruits and veggies as I can. When craving something or feeling hungry even though maybe I just ate, I reach for fruit (it is still sweet and tasty) or cut up and bake a whole wheat pita bread or tortilla wrap with olive oil and seasoning rather than reaching for chips. I drink only water, skimmed milk, and coffee. Things like juice and pop are a complete waste. They are filled with nothing but sugar, carbs, and calories, in my opinion.

• Latoya_Richardson
    Options
    Thanks omg you such a big help best answer I receive today
  • sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    Options

just to add to this that i don't really do any of this, i eat food i would always eat, i don't avoid processed food, i use jared sauces to cook with and when i want i snack i will quite often reach for either a bag of crisps or a normal little yogurt

but the thing is is we both have success, both our ways work, it doesn't matter when food you eat as long as you stick to your calorie goal

especially at the beginning its important to not try and rewrite your entire eating philosophy, just keep an accurate log of everything you eat

for the first week why not just eat as you normally would but keep track of it, no changes to your diet just simply add it all to your food diary? then the week after eat the same but a try and reduce certain parts of it
  • healthyemily93
    healthyemily93 Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    1) Eat the foods you already eat
    2) When you prepare them use measuring cups, spoons and a food scale
    3) Enter the measurements into myfitnesspal
    4) Eat your allotted calories
    5) Success!