Welcoming Wobblyness

Options
Hey There,
I'm Kylie, 27years old, living in North Manchester (England). I am 'disabled', mobility impaired and starting to fight back and have began to love fitness and healthy living. Join me for the journey?

I have Wernickes Encephalopathy (severe Vit B deficiency that's caused mild brain damage) causing Ataxia (balance and coordination problems) fatigue and along with other deficiencies low calcium, iron and zinc mean I am more vulnerable to injuries and illness. I use a wheelchair and crutches (trying to make it more the latter) and I joined a gym 18months ago to try and battle this illness. I have gained more muscle and strength and I'm smashing goals I never thought I'd achieve. Even if running is still a distant myth in my reality.

Replies

• jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Hi Kylie,

Congratulations on achieving the goals that you have so far! I'm glad that you're loving fitness and healthy living, I think that half of the battle is getting to the stage where you really enjoy the new lifestyle as well as the results it brings!

All the best for continued success, feel free to add me if you want more friends for motivation/support!
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Hi Kylie. I'm raising a coffee cup in your honor for your courage and hard work. I'm not around here very much anymore, but feel free to friend me because you sound cool!

If you'd like some further inspiration, check out www.2020visionquest.org. It's a nonprofit founded by a friend of mine who, several years ago, was in a wheelchair due to vertigo and balance issues caused by a neurological disorder. And oh, he's completely blind. He's now climbing mountains and running marathons. I think you two might have a few things in common--mostly a whole lot of guts and a refusal to let disabilities get in the way of your abilities.
  • KFNicole
    Options
    Hi Kylie,

Congratulations on achieving the goals that you have so far! I'm glad that you're loving fitness and healthy living, I think that half of the battle is getting to the stage where you really enjoy the new lifestyle as well as the results it brings!

All the best for continued success, feel free to add me if you want more friends for motivation/support!

Thank You so much! I really do enjoy it even all the aches and pains
  • KFNicole
    Options
    Hi Kylie. I'm raising a coffee cup in your honor for your courage and hard work. I'm not around here very much anymore, but feel free to friend me because you sound cool!

If you'd like some further inspiration, check out www.2020visionquest.org. It's a nonprofit founded by a friend of mine who, several years ago, was in a wheelchair due to vertigo and balance issues caused by a neurological disorder. And oh, he's completely blind. He's now climbing mountains and running marathons. I think you two might have a few things in common--mostly a whole lot of guts and a refusal to let disabilities get in the way of your abilities.

Sounds awesome I will check it out chick