At home exercisers

Options
2»

Replies

• retired4387
    retired4387 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    is there any way to determine calories burned in specific videos. I do a Leslie Sansone older adult walk and weight training.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm- I work nights so I am often awake in the middle of the night when hubby and the nugget are sleeping. Doing videos or other at home excercises would be the perfect way to make up for the fact that I never have time to work out during the days thanks to a very active 3yo.

Long story short, I'm in!
  • fabulousmomofone
    fabulousmomofone Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yes I would like to join
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I built my self a at home gym with a Squat Rack and free weights. I follow NROL book 1 at the moment. My wife uses my "man cave" to do her PIYO/T25/Brazillian buttlift/etc DVD's and every sunday she joins me doing free weights. We prefer doing our workouts at home and no one around. We also both have Vivosmarts where we do "step count" challenge for the year, at December 31 whomever has the most days in the "win" column, picks an adult only vacation for us to go on. So the way we work it is you get a point for a work out, and a bonus point if you have the most steps for the day at 9PM, so far I lead my wife by two points :) ...still early in the game
  • bklynite
    Options
    I use the daily burn. I like it
  • AcctgChicka83
    AcctgChicka83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I want in! I have an 18 month old and I feel guilty leaving him anymore to go drive 30 minutes one way to a gym. (i live in country). I have Biggest Loser dvds and walk away the pounds. They both are great. I just need some motivation to actually DO THEM!
  • jontucc
    jontucc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too. I am wanting to tone up and build muscle. I have 2 young kids and work full time so try to work out in the evenings when the kids are in bed.
    At the moment my goal is to do some weight training 2x week and abdominal exercises 2x week.
  • jysherr6713
    Options
    I'm in where is the group I'm new. I started my 30 day shred this morning but I need some motivation to keep it going.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Has anyone actually made the group for this, yet?
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    not that I'm aware of Kramrn77 :( I hope some one does! I could really use the motivation! If any one does turn this to a group send me an invite!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    kramrn77 wrote: »
    Has anyone actually made the group for this, yet?

I will make one later tonight or tomorrow. When I do, I'll post the link in here.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I just randomly started my own group, 30 day squat and plank challenge, because it keeps my lazy self doing it. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/102002-30-day-squat-and-plank-challenge

You can work with me on my challenge, add things, change the group. I was sort of thinking about every 30 days doing a new challenge, next month is abs, crunches.
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    In for a group! 100% home workouts!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Hmm...is there a group, other than the squat and plank challenge?(not into those) I work out with dvds at home almost everyday. I workout at the gym, too, and sometimes the park. What are everyone's favorites? I like The Firm, Denise Austin, Jillian Michaels, Tracy Anderson, Shelly McDonald...
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/102367-at-home-exercisers

Here is the URL for the new group. It's called At Home Exercisers. Please join. Start discussions. Introduce yourself. And let's have fun motivating each other.

Thanks.