Tell me I am not the only one!

Options
2»

Replies

• Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have that problem occasionally, and I really can't decide if being constipated is worse than having diarrhea (which is what I had for months before I found out I am allergic to soy) ... I only visit the restroom for #2 every second day or so now, but I found that if I can't tolerate the feeling of being full, 1/2 cup of coffee + some dandelion tea (or, even better, Yogi's Detox tea) usually does the trick for me.
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @adreal Make sure you don't steep the dandelion too long ... I made that mistake once at work, and it tasted so bitter that I almost spit it all over my keyboard. Explain THAT to the IT guys ... lol.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I have gotten to the point of Metamucil, but it did the trick.

Also, try dates or prunes. :) Don't go crazy on them...just two or three. Give it 12-24 hours.
  • adreal
    adreal Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    @arliah LOL!! That would have made a great story!!! I may have to try it again and keep it short. How long did you steep it?

@LaWoman72 I am not a big prune girl. I had to take some while pregnant and that did me in. Maybe in 25 years I could do them again :)
  • adreal
    Options
    Unfortunatly this is something that happens with or with out the Whey. I will have one week a month that I am fine and that usually around TOM. But then I will go right back to everyother day or worse once a week. It is tough but I have learned to get around it. It just hurts this time.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    adreal wrote: »
    @mattc772014 I have some of that at home and tried to drink it before and it was like licking a tree. I am not sure I can do it again but if I get desperate I will drink that tree and deal :)

Thank you for the laugh. I personally made alot of dirt pies as a kid and ate them. lol

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Based on your food diary, your diet is very low in fat. Eat more fat!!

High fat foods:
    Avocado
    Nuts
    Seeds
    Nut butter
    Bacon
    Fatty fish like salmon
    Ground beef

• adreal
    Options

Thank you for the laugh. I personally made alot of dirt pies as a kid and ate them. lol

[/quote]

As much dirt as I ate as I child I should be cleaned out by now. I also got some of the best water out of the water hose too and I am still alive.
  • adreal
    Options
    Nothing better than hearing "eat more fat" :) I am going to eat some bacon today :)
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I had this problem too. What solved it for me was taking a magnesium supplement and an omega 3 fish oil supplement daily. Magnesium in particular is extremely important in bowel function.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    "Licking a tree" LOL!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You might want to try ground flax seed also. It really does the trick for a lot of people and doesn't add too much to your calorie count. 1 to 2 TBS is recommended. I just add 1 TBS to my morning protein smoothie and I don't even notice it's there.
  • adreal
    Options
    I used to take a fish oil supplement and have stopped. I guess I will have to drag that back out again. My mom makes these flax seed energy balls. I wonder if that would work. And I wonder if she would make them for me. :)

I would have been better to go outside and lick the pine trees over drinking that tea.