13»

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    FLAKMA wrote: »
    aakaakaak wrote: »
    OP, how about you sack up and grow some willpower. The only person who feeds your face is you. If you worked in a restaurant would you complain that the smell of all the food you had to cook was ruining your diet?

What a terrible metaphor. Take your *kitten* opinion and move on. I don't work in a restaurant. If I did, I would accept my decisions to work with food and "sack up".

For all the passive aggressive sh**bags and your replies, I asked for people who have this problem and what they do about it. I didn't ask for your opinion on my problem, so stick them directly up your rear end.

If you have nothing constructive to add, move the hell along.

@FLAKMA‌ The only person who sees that as a problem is you. Reasonable people know it's reality. They know people are going to eat at their desks. And they don't expect their coworkers to do otherwise. Their life, their decision.
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Smelling good food can make you crazy if you don't have anything. I work for a company that makes & develops seasonings for things like chips or meat. When R&D cooks it can smell so good! I'm getting better at ignoring it.

My personal pet peeve is HEARING other people eat. I don't want to hear you crunch on carrots at your desk & definitely don't want to hear you talk with your mouth full.

• InADarkRoom
    InADarkRoom Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Not only does everyone eat at their desks at work (no cafeteria) but a couple of my colleagues are feeders. They'll be handing out pastries and chocolate all the time.

It's seriously hard to see and smell all the lush food around. But it's even harder to have to say no thanks all the time!

Only advice I would give, is just try and think of why you are doing this and what your result will be at the end of it. (And I definitely need to take my own advice sometimes too!)

Loads of luck!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    This is the perfect thread to read right now as I've just finished up my yummy lunch at my desk. :p
  • Josyurtos23
    Josyurtos23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way.... There is so much bacteria on people's desks, keyboards, and phones... Would you really want to eat their food? Nooo thank you!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    FLAKMA wrote: »
    Anyone else have this problem with their co-workers? What do you do??

Eat a hearty breakfast, plan for a lunch to look forward to, and do my work.