Could Use Support

Options
Hey Guys,

I have a big goal in front of me that is a little intimidating. I'm getting married in September, and I would like to be under 200 pounds (that's 53 pounds to go before then). I have been going to the gym since January 1 between 4 and 5 days a week (my best friend/MOH has been incredible, she joined my gym and looks up class schedules every week) , and trying my best to make sure that I'm eating good clean foods, and I've been diligent about tracking what I'm eating on here, but I'm just a little intimidated knowing that I have 53 pounds to lose (more than that would be preferable, but I figured 75 pounds in eight months was a little much to ask for). I will be proud of myself no matter what I lose, but I could really use some support along the way. It seems like such an impossible goal right now, and I know that with hard work and self discipline it is possible, because I have seen so many success stories both with people on this site and elsewhere. I just need a little help believing that it's possible.

Thanks guys,
Bri

Replies

• sugar297
    sugar297 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to support you. I just started the Whole 30 program ; you may want to check it out... kind of like Paleo. Good luck in your journey.
  • Avidcutz
    Avidcutz Posts: 29 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Join some of the time oriented groups on here (example: I joined 50 Lbs By July), beside giving wicked support- they can help you. I feel like you really have to examine your eating style, for example in general I eat a LOT of protein based foods, so after looking around online, I've opted for a diet heavy on proteins (I have other problem that are mostly based in not eating enough so a diet like Paleo would only help so far). Mind you- I still had to adjust my diet and eliminate unhealthy foods, but I'm still eating things I enjoy and losing quite a bit each week. I'm going to be trying supplemental drinks as well.
    - Joining groups of people who have the same goals is great because not only are they going through it with you, is some instances you get people who've already lost a lot who can give you come accurate how-to info and how to integrate it into your life.