Calories in Girl Scout cookies

Options
Since it is that time of year again, I thought I would post the calorie counts of the varieties that are sold in my neck of the woods. They really add up.

Thanks a Lot.. 2 cookies -- 150 calories
Cranberry citrus crisps..4 cookies --150 calories
Lemonades..2 cookies--150 calories
Shortbread..4 cookies--120 calories
Thin Mints..4 cookies -- 160 calories
Peanut butter patties and Carmel delights (samoas)..2 cookies -- 130 calories
Peanut butter sandwich cookies..3 cookies -- 160 calories
Trios.. 3 cookies -- 170 calories

Replies

• MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the thin mints, pb sandwiches & a lemon one that's different than the one you listed (different councils have different options -- only the thin mints, pb sandwich & trefoils MUST be sold, others are choices), after checking out the calories. They will probably go in my freezer, to be doled out individually.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    d0p1ukdjguj7.png
    The calories can add up if you eat entire boxes everyday, but there's no reason not to enjoy them.

I checked the values yesterday after reading the all natural moms thread. I'm very happy Thanks A Lots are less than I thought they would be, means I can squeeze another cookie into my day. B)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I think those sound like very reasonable calorie counts, if I can't find room in my day for 150 cals for two or more of pretty much any cookie on that list then I've done something wrong in planning my day.

Thanks for posting, that reminds me, I need to place my order! I wish they could just use the original names and not change them - Samoas and Tagalongs will always be just that! Not Carmel Delites and Peanut Butter Patties...

• acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    I wish they could just use the original names and not change them - Samoas and Tagalongs will always be just that! Not Carmel Delites and Peanut Butter Patties...
    The name variation is due to the Girl Scouts having a contract with two bakers. They've always been Caramel deLites and Peanut Butter Patties to me since I grew up in a region supported by the ABC Bakers.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    acheben wrote: »
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    I wish they could just use the original names and not change them - Samoas and Tagalongs will always be just that! Not Carmel Delites and Peanut Butter Patties...
    The name variation is due to the Girl Scouts having a contract with two bakers. They've always been Caramel deLites and Peanut Butter Patties to me since I grew up in a region supported by the ABC Bakers.

Oooh that's interesting, I never knew that! I just always assumed someone thought that Samoas was a politically incorrect name, or that they wanted something that described the cookie more. Thanks!