One Meal a Day, is this OK?

Options
2»

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    htowey wrote: »
    The only thing that doesn't add up (unless you're eating a really huge portion) is how lean meat, veg and rice would equal 2000 cals.
    Good luck at reaching your goals, I wish you success! xx

my mom ussually sautees the vegetables in oil, garlic, breadcrumbs ect. and the rice is sometimes rice-a-roni which has butter and milk in it i think... again im guessing on the calories i'm not 100% sure

Log what you eat on here. It helps a lot, and you want to make sure you are getting enough food, plus when your weight loss slows down or stops it will help you look at ways to improve. Without the information you won't know what is happening.

Now eat 1 time a day or eat 20 times a day, it comes down to overall calories. I typically eat 1-2 meals a day and have done so for the past 2 years.
  • brandigyrl81
    brandigyrl81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm not an advocate for eating once a day but you have to do what works for you. Try your once a day method and see how you feel. If eventually you begin to get hungry throughout the day, don't sit there and let yourself starve, as this can lead to binge eating, begin to eat small snacks throughout the day. Also, if you're exercising, eating once a day may become pretty tough. Lastly, you don't have to eliminate potatoes, rice, beer, juice, etc. in order to lose weight. Learn to enjoy these in moderation...which means you need to start tracking your food in your food diary.