ALMOND BUTTER...spread spread spread

Options
Am I alone in saying it's incredibly delicious, and DANGEROUS :) lol yumyum

Any other spread addictions? I'm big in Nutella, but on fruit only!

Btw love almond butter in smoothies. Just a little I swear 0:)

Replies

• mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    And while I'm at it...Almond Milk>Soy Milk>Milk

but I hate milk and love almond anything
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    ooh! I never thought to try nutella on fruit! I have never tried almond butter! I am going to have to!!
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    One serving of Nutella is 2 tbsps and I always have to be careful with this! So sometimes I serve 1 tbspn and divide it on my fruit. It's still a fairly low calorie dessert and you can't feel too bad. Definitely try it.

As far as almond butter goes, I say if you like peanut butter....you'll LOVE almond.
  • smmundy
    smmundy Posts: 12
    Options
    I am so not a spread kinda gal. I want to like the spreaders like Peanut Butter, Nutella and other goodies like that but I just can't get into them.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Nutella is the nectar of the gods. Depending on where my calories are at, I will (once in a blue moon) spread it on a couple of double stuffed oreos. Soooo good. And no, I don't feel bad about it lol
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid we had peanut butter and nutella sandwiches - now that was yum back then!
  • Tishrei
    Tishrei Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Try the trader joes sunflower seed butter. :::::::yum::::::::
  • Tishrei
    Tishrei Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid we had peanut butter and nutella sandwiches - now that was yum back then!

When I was a kid we had peanut butter and marshmallow fluff on white bread. Fluffernutters I think we called em.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    cashew butter is better to me as a PB alternative. But it is nice to throw a nut butter changeup once in a while.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I buy a walnut and cashew butter or a almond and chia butter. Love them. So good for me.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Nutella is yummy. But now that I read the ingredients just can't have it... :(((

First one being sugar, and the SECOND one is PALM OIL.
    (In commercials they only mention milk and hazelnuts).

I could maybe even live with 21 grams of sugar per serving *ouch*, but 3.5 grams of saturated fat for serving! That is horrible!

It makes me mad that they will do that to consumers, including children, and advertise it as the "part of a balanced breakfast" just to save money by using the cheapest, horrible for your arteries oil.

How freaking hard would it be to make it will better oil, like canola, even if they charged more for it? But they don't. Consumers will eat it up anyway, so why should they, right?
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Nutella is yummy. But now that I read the ingredients just can't have it... :(((

I could maybe even live with 21 grams of sugar per serving *ouch*, but 3.5 grams of saturated fat for serving! That is horrible!

It makes me mad that they will do that to consumers, including children, and advertise it as the "part of a balanced breakfast" just to save money by using the cheapest, horrible for your arteries oil.

How freaking hard would it be to make it will better oil, like canola, even if they charged more for it? But they don't. Consumers will eat it up anyway, so why should they, right?

I agree that silly commercial is way off.

Other than that, even with the palm oil, if it is just an occasional treat, there can't be much harm to it.

Been wanting to try it on bacon.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to try nutella as frosting on a cake.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

I agree that silly commercial is way off.

Other than that, even with the palm oil, if it is just an occasional treat, there can't be much harm to it.

Been wanting to try it on bacon.

hell, i'd put the palm oil high on the list of what's HEALTHY in nutella if forced to rank ingredients.
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    hazelnut butter is amazing too!
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    So obsessed with almond butter. You eat Justin's? There are lots of different flavors and they are all divine.

Justin's also makes a chocolate hazelnut butter than is WAY better than Nutella without all that added sugar.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

I wanted to see what was so fabulous about Nutella, read the ingredients whilst in Costco, was not impressed, would not even feed it to my dog (if I had one). I prefer almond butter to peanut, 20 calories less which gives me something else to eat.

I agree with you with "First one being sugar, and the SECOND one is PALM OIL" - how could parents feed that to their children.
  • michellechawner
    Options

When I was a kid we had peanut butter and marshmallow fluff on white bread. Fluffernutters I think we called em.

YES FLUFFERNUTTER! We loved this, we can't find it anymore (plus we moved across the county, and still can't find it back where we used to live when we go and visit).
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I love almond butter, but it's like concentrated calories. I have to be so careful. Thank goodness I can't find a crunchy kind (like crunch peanut butter) or I wouldn't be able to control myself!
  • caribear1984
    caribear1984 Posts: 203
    Options
    So obsessed with almond butter. You eat Justin's? There are lots of different flavors and they are all divine.

Justin's also makes a chocolate hazelnut butter than is WAY better than Nutella without all that added sugar.

^This. Justin's is sooo much better.