Losing weight that you gained after losing

lizc0616
lizc0616 Posts: 68 Member
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Last year i lost around 25 lbs. I was around 5 lbs from my absolute goal weight and i felt GREAT, After the summer I moved departments and have been eating out and snacking sooo much more at my desk and BAM just like that i have gained 20 lbs back ..... :( I am super depressed and am now back on track to losing it again and KEEPING it gone. Hopefully this time around it will not take me 6 months like it did the last. I am ready to get back asap!!!!!

Replies

• luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    It's so hard. It is true what they say. This is a lifestyle change. You cannot go back to old eating habits or snacking because the pounds will come back. I have lost and gained large amounts three times in my life. This time it was so much harder to loose. I had to work so hard I am determined it will not come back again!
  • irene4134
    irene4134 Posts: 14 Member
    Sorry to hear.. we on the same boat. Also working on losing the gained weight after losing. Mostly am do angry with myself for loosening my mouth like that...and for having forgotten the hard work I put in to rid it...
  • lborsato1
    lborsato1 Posts: 1,011 Member
    I am paddling that boat as well.... I originally lost 49 lbs about 6 years ago, and have let about 20 of that creep back on, so I am back to lose it for the final time !
    I will take it off and keep it off this time
  • lizc0616
    irene4134 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear.. we on the same boat. Also working on losing the gained weight after losing. Mostly am do angry with myself for loosening my mouth like that...and for having forgotten the hard work I put in to rid it...

I am beyond upset with myself. I worked my A** off for a solid 6 months and was SO proud of myself for it with my results, then i just let it all go because food is so good. My husband is so kind and politely corrects me when i talk about how FAT i am, but it is so depressing to see what you were just recently and in the blink of an eye go back to where you started. :neutral_face:
  • lborsato1
    lborsato1 Posts: 1,011 Member
    @lizc0616 - you know how to do it..... You will get back down to your "proud" weight... I know it is disappointing to have gained most of it back, but you did it once, and you can do it again
  • Kabiti
    Kabiti Posts: 191 Member
    I'm starting over too. There are a million things that can throw you off your lifestyle change if it's not set in stone. For me it was emotional eating and a medication that made me crave salt like mad (I literally could not taste salt). Families and kids can make things difficult too.

There's no shame in the volatility of life! There's nothing wrong with starting again!
  • lizc0616
    Kabiti, Work stress, a child with ongoing medical issues stress, a grumpy night shift husband stress, and financial stress....... i ate my emotions recently for SURE. :smile: OH and i quit smoking... so instead of craving cigs, i think i crave food no instead (Oh BOY! )
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    I'm in a similar situation. A few years back I went from 180lbs to 147lbs (not in a healthy way mind, I basically stopped eating all together). Then stuff happened, I started eating more, exercising less and and all of a sudden I weighed in at 200lbs..
    At the moment I'm in the process of losing the weight for the second time (my current weight is 172lbs) My ultimate goal is 135lbs and I'm determined to keep the weight off this time!
  • queen_of_disaster
    queen_of_disaster Posts: 61 Member
    I'm fighting that same battle right now... Lost 18 pounds rapidly in about 3-4 months (end July/August-October) and gained it all back in about the same timespan (mid-October to mid-January).

I'm trying really hard not to kick myself for this. Really, don't beat yourself up; life happens, whether it's big or small things. It happened, it's over, there's nothing you can do now but move on, right? Personally I was hit hard by some family news which made me stop caring about healthy eating and exercise for about a month while I was dealing with the emotional upheaval, then eating whatever I wanted just crept back in to my daily habits, then finals happened, then Christmas, etc. etc. It doesn't help that I restricted while losing that weight. Getting back on track is hard, but once it becomes a habit it becomes a little bit easier. Feel free to add me as a friend, we're kind of in the same boat. :) Best of luck to you!
  • Same here! Just started back up again. I just want to feel good again! We can do it ladies!!!
  • lwynd002
    lwynd002 Posts: 115 Member
    Sounds a lot like me! I lost 15 pounds and gained it back plus 5! I started back to school, stopped exercising and stress ate... I lost 5 these past 3 weeks and am now working on the 15! We can do this!
  • almondjoy206
    almondjoy206 Posts: 16 Member
    I gained like 5 pounds from thanksgiving to the new year. Its awful since im trying so hardnto change my lifestyle in some eating. First holidays i dealt with it. But back to loosing. Just keep going! Feel free to add me. I could use more friends :)
  • lizc0616
    Thank you to everyone! So encouraging knowing i am not alone! I know the holidays did not help anyone at all! Done with excuses, back to reults! I am starting back with ONLY water to drink i am 78oz in for today! :smile: And smaller portions at the dinner table. I am also training for my first ever 5k in April! Lets do it!