how have you changed since high school?

happywithme12
happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
I was once a very shy girl who didn't say to much and kept to myself and most of the time let people walk all over me because I couldn't speak up about anything. Since then I have met my husband who is not shy and very outspoken and he has turned my life around for the good, now I speak my mind regularly (sometimes maybe to much for some people). I am very outgoing now and not shy at all. I think I also like the person I am now more than before because I feel as if I am still a good person but cross me and well it's not pretty. So how have my friends on MFP changed since high school, and was it a good change or bad?

Replies

• catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    I got older.....what a bunch of crap!! :grumble:
  • happywithme12

LOL i hear that, i tell my kids all the time not to rush getting older cause it sucks. I want to be a teenager again so i can enjoy it more this time around
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    i havent changed that much

a little more facial hair (as in i finally grew some)
    maybe a little more out going. i kept to myself back then (not that i didnt have friends just didnt feel the need to make new ones)
    been told i got taller (i didnt notice i did other than the Puberty thing)
    i have always been a sarcastic *kitten* but now i focus it in spurts and to those who deserve it

how am i still the same

still wont approach a gal i like
    still laugh at inappropriate things
    farting has never been funnier
    single....
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    I've really come out of my shell. I used to be a bit of a trash talker but really had no experience to back any of it up as my mom was VERY strict and didn't allow me out of the castle... uh er, house very much.

I really feel like in high school I wasn't anywhere near as awesome as I am now. Lovin' life!
  • Justme030
    Justme030 Posts: 255 Member

^^^This lol....dang it!
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    When I was in high school I had long black hair (think Cher) Now I have short blonde hair.
    When I was in high school I was probably 25 lbs thinner (that's why I'm on MFP)
    When I was in high school I was a "goody two shoes"...now definitely NOT!:laugh:
  • happywithme12
    i havent changed that much

a little more facial hair (as in i finally grew some)
    maybe a little more out going. i kept to myself back then (not that i didnt have friends just didnt feel the need to make new ones)
    been told i got taller (i didnt notice i did other than the Puberty thing)
    i have always been a sarcastic *kitten* but now i focus it in spurts and to those who deserve it

how am i still the same

still wont approach a gal i like
    still laugh at inappropriate things
    farting has never been funnier
    single....

farting never gets old especially for people who don't care and just do it whenever and wherever, and innappropriate things are always funny as well. that puberty thing is a *kitten* lol. Being a sarcastic *kitten* is the best way to be because soooooooooo many people deserve it
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    I am a lot more confident, because of my size in high school I was very shy and introverted, now I won't shut up and make friends easily :D
  • happywithme12
    I've really come out of my shell. I used to be a bit of a trash talker but really had no experience to back any of it up as my mom was VERY strict and didn't allow me out of the castle... uh er, house very much.

I really feel like in high school I wasn't anywhere near as awesome as I am now. Lovin' life!

and you lost soooo much weight you should be really proud of that, along with being awesome lol
  • happywithme12
    I am a lot more confident, because of my size in high school I was very shy and introverted, now I won't shut up and make friends easily :D

i feel you there i had no confidence at all in school
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325

This *kitten*! When I kept wishing to be older, I didn't envision all this crap!
  • happywithme12
    I've changed a lot. I'm no longer very social and I really don't party anymore.

not a bad thing when you have kids and they become more important than anything else :)
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    I've gotten stronger and smaller.

"me" has not changed much at all. I got "me" right at a very early age. I just struggled some years accepting that "me" would be accepted by others.

Then my wife came along and totally messed that up...
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    I was 145 lbs when I graduated from high school...size 27-28 jeans....

I'm now starting to get down from my 210 high (currently at 187)....

So I got a lot fatter...not bigger...just fatter.

No longer drink...no longer smoke (an illegal substance)..etc..etc..

I'm just all around a much less interesting person LOL!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    I figured out how to identify poisonous people in my life and got rid of them. I'm a lot happier for it :flowerforyou: I didn't know what real love and respect was then, either, and now that I've finally figured THAT out it makes a lot of sense why I was so miserable before.

I'm still a quirky, introverted nerd but I learned how to embrace that. I'm also super girly now but was a huge goth back then... Ballet flats are much easier to walk around in than combat boots and my gorean collar gets less looks than the dog collar I used to wear did :blushing:
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    I am NOTHING like I was in High School, thankfully. HS sucked.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    I'm much more confident now than I used to be in high school. I was still awesome in high school, it's just that very few people knew how awesome I was because I was awesome only with my friends and shy to everybody else. Now all my awesome is IN YOUR FACE! Yep, that's about it.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    i awesomed in a girls face, man she was not happy
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    I no longer kiss boys because they are jocks. Now I kiss them because they buy me stuff. I also have a killer sense of style and have way confidence. I don't get hurt as easily and I bounce back from embarrassment easier.
  • alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    I got fatter! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

High School was so long ago that I don't really remember that girl anymore. I guess I am more confident and outspoken. I got married had a kid. I am MUCH happier now. :heart: