Need help with maintaining/gaining

Options
hi everyone, My names daniel, I'm 18 years old and an active teen boy. I'm currently weighing around 46kg and I'm 5ft 7. I'm looking to know my maintenance calories and how much i should eat to gain about half a pound a week. could you guys help me estimate? I'm active everyday other than sunday, I walk at least 3-4 hours a day (around 10miles-11miles) and I'm hardly ever sitting down, around 6 hours a day i spend at the most sat on my *kitten* the rest of the time im doing something. what would you say my expenditure is?

Replies

• grantevans11
    grantevans11 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'd say your maintenance calories before accounting for the 4 hours walking are around 2200, the speed you are walking is quite a leisurely pace so you are are probably burning in the region of 500-600 calories. So to maintain your weight you will need around 2800 calories a day. To gain weight I'd recommend bumping this up by 250 calories a day and see how you get on after 6 weeks.

You are seriously underweight at the moment which can have negative effects on your general health.

3,050 calories can sound a bit overwhelming but you will soon get in the habit of eating this much after a couple of weeks.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Hello! You may also want to try to repost your query in the GAINING WEIGHT section of the forums for more responses.

Good luck!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    You should not be aiming to maintain with such a low weight. Keep adding calories until you start to slowly gain.