Eating = hungry?

Options
Why do I feel hungrier AFTER I've eaten something? For example I ate 1/2 cup yogurt over warm and crunch granola and now I am belly growling hungry. I wasn't that hungry before I ate :(

Replies

• brizzeem
    brizzeem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    its probably because ur still hungry and crave/want more. you can follow it up with fluid and see how you feel, after 20 min if your still hungry you can eat something else.
  • KathyMBragg
    KathyMBragg Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    1) That's not a lot of calories

2) That's predominantly all carbs. Which is generally not that filling.
  • retrolina
    retrolina Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I generally more hungry after I started counting calories - sure I eat less, but I also eat "better" (complex carbs, protein, etc.). I think it's psychological.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I think there's a degree of waking your stomach up. Once you put food in it, it starts moving around and that increases feelings of hunger.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    FWIW, it happens to me after big meals that are protein/fat heavy. People say proteins and fats are more satiating, but not for me. I can stuff myself on a big steak, and feel hungry again in 30 minutes.

I don't know why and I quit trying to understand. I try to stay focused on the basics - hit my calorie and macro goals each day. I eat what I want when I want within those limits.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What you are feeling is not necessarily hunger, but your digestive system working. Unless you are eating below a sensible goal, or eating very unbalanced meals, that is just fine, normal, and to be anticipated. People who are used to overeating (myself included) may have lost the ability to recognize normal hunger and satiety cues - temporarily, because it can be retrained.