Am I eating enough?

Options
Take a look at my past few days of dieting. I've been having trouble sleeping and have been quite fatigued throughout the day. I'm wondering if it's because I'm not eating enough. i'm trying to make up for a binge i had on monday though, so that's why i'm trying to stay quite low. I am an athlete, and I lift 3 times a week (usually takes like 1.5 hrs) along with 2 hours of volleyball/wk and a couple hrs give or take (mostly take) of straight cardio (sprints mostly). My goal is to lose body fat without losing a bunch of muscle (a little muscle is ok though bc i feel kinda bulky :/). Advice?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How much do you eat?
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Okay I reviewed your diary and reviewed your workouts. Small question--what type of volleyball--two man sand or grass or sixes, quads? VB is mostly anaerobic and if you are playing more then two man for two hours you probably aren't working your body very hard. Lifting for 1 1/2 hours how many sets, anything between sets, heavy, light what? If you can answer these questions it makes the answer a little better. But, 1500 calories a day and you probably burn on average 300-400 per day with workouts and I'd say eat another 300 a day and allow your body to burn more efficiently.
  • lb628
    lb628 Posts: 75
    Options
    Around 1600 calories a day is my goal. My estimated RMR is around 1540, and my TDEE for sedentary is 1911 (these results are from BODPOD---lean body mass:129 lbs and BF: 21%) I'm looking to get down to more around 15-16% BF. Lifting is complicated, but I'm a D1 athlete, so we have a strength coach tell us what to lift. Volleyball is 3 on 3 usually, and isn't too tough, but I still break a mad sweat.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Okay--if you add some calories I'd recommend taking them from lean proteins, chicken, fish, shrimp, etc. Avoid trans fats--sautee them in EEVO or cook with non-cooking spray; by adding lean protein, over time, and I mean a month to a month and half, you ought to lose 1% of BF over each interval.

At 47 I am slowly dropping 1% body fat ove this same period--for me though I had to awaken my body from its lazy *kitten* slumber. For you, as a D1 athlete your body is awake, so now it's about the fuel going in to get the results going out. Good luck and keep playing VB--I played into my 40's for cash over the summer and loved it.