IIFYM - Set my own goals on MFP but not getting the maths?!

Options
So. Calories at 1600 and the grams of Carb, Protein and Fat I set all add up to 1600 (x4, x4, x9). What I don't understand is how I am showing green numbers for the macros yet my calories are all used up :# Any idea what I'm missing??

Replies

• clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    cant see your diary to give advice :)
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Made public...thanks.
  • clambert1273
    Options
    so for me, I see alot of "2 servings" or slices which indicates that weighing was not involved... nothing is ever exact and you are close enough that I wouldn't really worry about it...

I just want to scream "EAT!!!" when looking at it LOL if it is what you like and you can sustain that then go forth :)
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Usual issues are (1) rounding errors, (2) incorrect database entries where macros and calories don't add up, and (3) use of db entries that list "net carbs" (i.e., that exclude fiber from carb count).

Looks like your breakfast bar is at least one item causing the discrepancy. Listed as 200 cals, but the macros should add up to roughly 152 cals or so -- so you've got cals as listed on the package, but a carb count that someone modified to exclude fiber carbs. I am guessing if you looked at the package, the carb amount would probably be about 12 grams higher? Didn't look through the rest of the entries because I saw that one first.
  • clambert1273
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    Usual issues are (1) rounding errors, (2) incorrect database entries where macros and calories don't add up, and (3) use of db entries that list "net carbs" (i.e., that exclude fiber from carb count).

Looks like your breakfast bar is at least one item causing the discrepancy. Listed as 200 cals, but the macros should add up to roughly 152 cals or so -- so you've got cals as listed on the package, but a carb count that someone modified to exclude fiber carbs. I am guessing if you looked at the package, the carb amount would probably be about 12 grams higher? Didn't look through the rest of the entries because I saw that one first.

agreed... I use that barcode scanner for everything .. every time I eat lol
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Ah ha - that makes sense now and was just a bit bugged by the numbers not adding up!

I heard what you say about "EAT" but just want to knock a few pounds off and am struggling. Hitting 50 and potential hormone issues seems to have made things much harder and a few extra pounds I feel and hate just won't budge. So this week I am weighing everything - boy that's not much nuts and peanut butter (!!) to see if the scale budges. I exercise daily - today not untypical with 45 mins Stairclimber (easy) then 18 holes of golf carrying clubs and Insanity session (double today with abs as an extra). To do that and not lose means I'm kidding myself with my logging so trying to be uber accurate and accountable to see what happens. Being Somewhat lazy in the kitchen AND with a sweet tooth the food this week is also a bit repetitive.

Thanks for the replies.