Shedding Pounds to Start a Family

Options
I'm new to myfitnesspal and learning how to use it as tool to help me stay motivated and accountable. Combined with a few new physical hobbies and bootcamp 3X a week I'm trying to make a big change!

Recently, I've had borderline high blood pressure when visiting the doctor and I'm trying to shape up so my husband and I can take the next big step and try to have a baby. I wouldn't feel comfortable having a high risk pregnancy because of my weight so I'm going to do my best to make a change!

I'd love to make some friends so we can share tips, diaries and motivate each other.

Replies

• YoullFindMeFit
    YoullFindMeFit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You go girl! Let's be friends! :)
  • hss2420
    hss2420 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also here to lose weight before trying to conceive!
  • Waiting4Zion
    Waiting4Zion Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same here...I was diagnosed with PCOS a LOOONG time ago. For the longest time, it was kinda cool because I had "natural birth control". But my fiance and I want to make it happen now as we're both getting older, and I'm trying to have the healthiest pregnancy possible. Please add me ladies, I need all the support I can get!!
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My main focus right now is to lose weight before my wedding in October, but starting a family is on the horizon after that so I would love to join you and any other ladies here as well! Anyone feel free to add me!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I already have two kids, but my second pregnancy had a bunch of complications I am certain were due to being overweight. I'd like another baby and my clock is ticking since I'm already 36. I'd like to drop another 20lbs before another baby. I've been on mfp for a year and already lost 35 - 40lbs. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • hvincent914
    Options
    I am on the same path! I am calling this year of getting my body Baby ready :D lets be friends!
  • adreal
    adreal Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have been where you are. I had to lose weight to get pregnant in 2012. So if you need some friends add away. I am on the path now of losing my baby weight.
  • mrsleescott
    mrsleescott Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm working on baby no. 2 with severe PCOS. We have had 3 failed IUI's so I'm looking to make some big changes and raise our chances of success! I haven't done the "friends" thing on here, but I'm open to it and would take all the help I can get and give all the help I can offer! Feel free to add me! Good Luck ladies!