I wasn't seeing a change, then I looked at a picture.

Options
Hi All! I've been lurking around here for awhile. I've looked at countless success stories to help motivate me. My problem was no matter what I did, I never "saw" a difference. Sure, numbers on the scale would go down and clothes would fit differently. But When I looked in the mirror, I didn't see a change. I would often feel discouraged because I didn't "see" anything.

Yes, you should take measurements and all of that other stuff you are told. However, to me, those were just numbers because I never saw anything. What I would recommend is take pictures and lots of them at different stages. Look back at where you were and where you are now, you WILL see a difference.

I am about halfway through my Journey. It's been a long road, only because I let it be. I kept giving up and quitting. I would lose 10-15 lbs here and there and never notice anything for the hard work and would give up. Over the course of 3 years I have lost approximately 60 pounds. 20 of that in the last 3 months when I finally decided enough was enough.

Again, I was recently looking in the mirror and didn't see a change. I remembered I had taken pictures at my heaviest when I thought I was going to start the Journey. I dug them out and then took some pictures this morning.

Ok, NOW I see a change and am more motivated to continue and drop the other half. I thought this might be inspiring for anyone who doesn't "see" it and loses the motivation. TAKE PICTURES :)

I'm 5'7" starting weight around 295lbs progress pic around 234lbs

34hghtlu7l5t.jpg

Replies

• lindsayomalley
    lindsayomalley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep up the good work!
  • pstimie79
    pstimie79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    doremient wrote: »
    Hi All! I've been lurking around here for awhile. I've looked at countless success stories to help motivate me. My problem was no matter what I did, I never "saw" a difference. Sure, numbers on the scale would go down and clothes would fit differently. But When I looked in the mirror, I didn't see a change. I would often feel discouraged because I didn't "see" anything.

Yes, you should take measurements and all of that other stuff you are told. However, to me, those were just numbers because I never saw anything. What I would recommend is take pictures and lots of them at different stages. Look back at where you were and where you are now, you WILL see a difference.

I am about halfway through my Journey. It's been a long road, only because I let it be. I kept giving up and quitting. I would lose 10-15 lbs here and there and never notice anything for the hard work and would give up. Over the course of 3 years I have lost approximately 60 pounds. 20 of that in the last 3 months when I finally decided enough was enough.

Again, I was recently looking in the mirror and didn't see a change. I remembered I had taken pictures at my heaviest when I thought I was going to start the Journey. I dug them out and then took some pictures this morning.

Ok, NOW I see a change and am more motivated to continue and drop the other half. I thought this might be inspiring for anyone who doesn't "see" it and loses the motivation. TAKE PICTURES :)

34hghtlu7l5t.jpg
    Thatss just amazing. Keep it up. Holding thumbs. We just started with the app and our diet 2 weeks ago.
  • alwilson1974
    alwilson1974 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    OMG...I definitely see the difference! You are doing an amazing job.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    The difference is amazing! You are awesome.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! :D
  • VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Keep up the Good Work! Well Done!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Wow! Big difference! Great job :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's an amazing difference! I bet you are finding it a lot easier to get around.
  • makingchanges18
    makingchanges18 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You have come a long way and I'm very excited you can see your progress now. It's amazing. Keep up the great work. Seeing before and after pictures definitely helps motivate you and the people you share with. Thank you for that :smiley:
  • amyj000
    amyj000 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's a huge difference. Keep it up!!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Good grief, yes there is a difference!!!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! Definitely a difference! XD Glad you finally realized there was one! Lookin' good!
  • nina07111
    nina07111 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Very motivational and good advice to take pictures... I never did and now I regret it because despite being close to my goal weight I don't see the difference either
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yes! to the pictures and to your progress. Well done!
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    HELLO, progress! You are knocking those pounds off - what a difference! Congratulations, girl! ;)
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    yeah, it's very difficult to see changes in yourself without pictures. it was pictures that told me initially that i was too fat and then pictures that told me that wow, i'm skinny now. i never really saw it in person. didn't take before and after pictures. these are just random pictures i saw of myself on facebook.
  • janinesantos09
    janinesantos09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    pstimie79 wrote: »
    doremient wrote: »

34hghtlu7l5t.jpg
    Thatss just amazing. Keep it up. Holding thumbs. We just started with the app and our diet 2 weeks ago.

Well done... xx
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    It is funny how the mirror can lie to us, but the pictures tell the truth! You are doing a fantastic job! A 3 year success! Congratulations!
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yes you are looking good
  • doremient
    doremient Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks All. It was eye opening. I still don't see it when I look in the mirror. This was all mostly due to changing the way I eat, very little actual workouts. I'm going to start incorporating that now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!