Just hit over 100lbs lost!

Options
dawn0293
dawn0293 Posts: 115 Member
If before I started out someone told me I'd lose a hundred pounds in under a year, I'd think they were nuts. I can be very lazy and unmotivated. I'm a comfort eater who could scarf down a whole cake or pizza by myself. Who could have guessed a simple calorie counting app could be so crucial to finding a way to change my habits and really make it stick. I have learned countless things during my time here and gotten tons of support. I'm so happy I stumbled upon these boards.

I'm only brave enough to post a face pic as I feel that my loose skin makes me look a bit lumpy in photos. I do plan on tightening up this mess as soon as I hit my goal, which will happen soon!

To anyone thinking about starting out, my advice is: Don't waste years of your life in a body you are not happy with. Don't keep putting off the decision to take control of your eating habits like I did. I was overwhelmed by the amount of weight I needed to drop and it felt like an impossible task. It's not impossible and I am living proof.

f413vobv8rs3.jpg

Replies

• shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes! A different person! Congratulations to you.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Congrats! (*)
  • Skinny625
    Skinny625 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing. You are an inspiration. These stories are the ones that help me realize it can be done. Thanks for sharing. :)
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats!
  • VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You do look like a different person - looking so well! Well Done!
  • dclaunch64
    dclaunch64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So how exactly did you do it? What specific changes did you make?
  • Silentfool
    Silentfool Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    wow you have done a fantastic job and have awesome results
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Wow!! you look amazing!
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Awesome! What a change!
  • dawn0293
    dawn0293 Posts: 115 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    dclaunch64 wrote: »
    So how exactly did you do it? What specific changes did you make?

First thing I did was figure out my RDI and I started at 1700 calories a day, which has steadily decreased over time. I then started trying to find ways to maximize the calories I had to work with each day. I didn't want to give up all the things I enjoyed so, I started by finding alternatives. Coke turned into diet Coke. Ice cream turned into churn style ice cream. I watched my portions and weighed everything (but liquids) on a food scale and began tracking my progress daily. I started cooking and baking low-cal versions of the things I enjoy. Pintrest and skinnytaste.com has been a life saver there. I also allowed myself one day each month where I could eat as I pleased.

More recently, I learned about alternate day fasting and zig zag calorie allotments which allows me to look at calories as a weekly total, rather than daily. I divide my total calories for the week up however I want at the start of each week so that some days I have more calories to work with and others less. By doing this, I can now eat things that used to be saved for my monthly 'no dieting day' and I enjoy the wiggle room I have with it. It doesn't feel nearly as rigid. I still lose weight, just as quickly. Hope that helps!

• cottonman86
    cottonman86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's great! Cheers to you and your achievements!
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Well obviously you know now you are capable of anything, there is no need to wish you luck on tightening up the skin because you have that in the bag!! Congrats on your success 100 lbs is amazing and you're a knockout!! Go YOU!!! :)
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    great job
  • mariaoutlook
    Options
    Well done! You look great!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3<3
  • Carvin102
    Carvin102 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspirational! Thank you for sharing. Congrats to you! :)
  • futuresw
    futuresw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job! You have motivated me!
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Dawn, thanks for sharing your story and your pics. You are so inspirational. I have about 100 lbs that I plan to lose, so it helps me to see people like you who have been so successful. And thanks for sharing some of the things that you did that helped you. I think I will try dividing up my calories for the week so that I can have a special day here and there without being so locked in. Such a great tip! And congrats on your awesome success!
  • megellcor71
    megellcor71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Amazing success, you are an inspiration to all of us, thanks for sharing!
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    100 pounds! What a tremendous accomplishment. You look great!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!