Fantastic job!! Well done!!
  • sidneyqhardie
    sidneyqhardie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • runny111
    runny111 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    A real inspiration, not just the weight loss, but for believing in yourself.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Blinking heck! Very well done lass.
  • THenry8
    THenry8 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    mcrmaiden wrote: »
    Did your sleep apnea and high blood pressure improve as the weight came off? I'm going through a bit of both of those atm... it's scary. I'm hoping as I lose weight, they will improve. You're looking great, by the way! I'm happy for you, keep it up!
    Yes! I have almost no diseases. I do have a few energy issues, but I feel so much better that I did in the past! Thanks so much!
  • THenry8
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    Aww, you look happy! Congratulations on the weight that has gone! I'm sure your family is glad to know that they'll be able to have you around much longer.

I do have one question.
    Did you work out at all during your process?

Yes! I had to start working out before I had to get surgery. I was the first woman to lose as much pounds before having the surgery as a woman! This was according to my Bariatric surgeron. Lost 60 pounds before the surgery. I am still working out now, thanks to the my Exercise program. Thanks for the question!
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah amazing! What you did is incredible!!! You look great :-) Thanks for sharing
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You're attitude is so wonderful! Don't ever let anyone get you down again - you have proved them all so wrong. Congatulations :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Way to get it!
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Well done! Truly inspiring! Keep moving forward.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job!! Amazing!
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, well done! :smile:
  • awsenior
    Options
    THenry8 wrote: »
    Sometimes, I feel like I cannot lose the weight. Since I have been obese throughout my entire life, I felt like I had no meaning! I felt worthless, I wasn't worth anyone's time, I was useless. Words like that would always hurt me for years.

My Highest weight was at a life-threatening 430 pounds and I had tons of health problems(Sleep Apnea, High-Blood Pressure, Pre-Diabetes, etc..) I decided then that I was gonna get Weight Loss Surgery. They recommended me to get the Gastric Sleeve, so I did just that. June 3, 2013 was my surgery date. I was Nervous, but I had to do it.

tzl0hj5mp4j6.jpg

One and a half years to now, I have lost a ton of weight since my surgery and I feel so wonderful that I was able to lose so much. To now, I have almost lost 200 pounds and now, I am weighing 235 pounds now!
    ttwwtj7j96ud.jpg

Here's me at my current state right now:

ll5of0ekpwvk.jpg

Since 2013 after my surgery, I have felt so much better with my weight.I have only a few problems of low energy, but no major problems. I feel more confident within myself and I have more energy every time I do my exercises. I just love to exercise now as well. I love to go out to places and just have fun; even when I am at my front lawn.

I have been told by people that I can't do it, I will never be special, I won't be an inspiration to anyone, and the like for so many years. I am here to tell everyone that you can do it. You are all special and you have a reason to be someone. If I can lose the weight, you all can lose the weight as well. It has to take commitment, change, and love. I love being a huge wrestling fan and I love wrestling. Alberto El Patron Del Rio really changed my life; cause if I did not watch any of his matches until now and if I'd not met him, I would not become the person that I am today. I have become stronger, more wiser, and more confident within myself as a wrestling fan and as a musician as well. You can become stronger just like myself. Just believe you can do it and you will make a miracle as well.

5ut2pk8y5tqy.jpg

v2wg2c03qyht.jpg

Great job & truly an inspiration for me keep up the hard work Thanks for sharing your journey!!

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Excellent work...
  • kimlynn919
    kimlynn919 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    great job! keep on, keepin on'!! totally inspirational and i hope i can share a similar story in the not too distant future!! :)
  • takinthemoff
    Options
    I am encouraged by your success! Your a true inspiration! Thanks for sharing your story.
  • THenry8
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the positive comments! Don't forget, I am always looking for more friends to add. Don't be afraid to add me!
  • kateroseann
    kateroseann Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job! Proud of your accomplishments!!!
  • yellowradiates
    yellowradiates Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You must be so proud. Thank you for the inspiration
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!