Can't loose despite being good

Options
2»

Replies

• Silvara_11
    Silvara_11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Take measurements usually when I kick off I loose 5 - 7 lbs right off the bat and then stop for a bit while the rest of me realises I'm shrinking. You are doing well!
  • jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    If you aren't losing weight you are eating more than you think you are. It's almost always that simple. How accurately are you logging your food? Are you using a kitchen scale to weigh your food portions? Are you choosing accurate food entries or looking for the one with the least amount of calories?

I always scan the bar code and check with results. My husband is following the plan too so we weigh the dinner at the same time. I know he is a man so weight loss can't be compared too much but he has lost 12 pound and has come off the wagon a few times ! Lol

I feel your pain on that one, but you cannot compare your progress to your husbands! When my boyfriend moved in with me, he went from eating out almost every day to cooking and packing lunches to work, and lost 10 lbs in less than a week! It is frustrating to me too, but you have to realize your body is different than his. As everyone else has said, 5 lbs in two weeks is GREAT progress. You just have to stick with it and I am sure you will continue to see good results. Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. It takes time. :)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    You are saying you have already lost 5 lbs. in 12 days... that is nearly 3 lbs. per week on average. And you are unhappy with that?! It sounds like you need to be more realistic and more patient. You will not reach your goal weight overnight. Others might be able to lose faster than you and others will lose more slowly.

If it helps you feel better, I have medical issues that make it unsafe for me to lose quickly. I lost 19 lbs. last year - which is 1/8th the speed you are losing. I'm happy with that because I didn't die and moved in the right direction. I'm going to continue until I get to where I need to be and not compare myself to others (as much as I would like to be jealous of those who can safely lose faster).
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing weight you are eating more than you think you are. It's almost always that simple. How accurately are you logging your food? Are you using a kitchen scale to weigh your food portions? Are you choosing accurate food entries or looking for the one with the least amount of calories?

I always scan the bar code and check with results. My husband is following the plan too so we weigh the dinner at the same time. I know he is a man so weight loss can't be compared too much but he has lost 12 pound and has come off the wagon a few times ! Lol

You gotta watch prepackaged stuff. Just because it says it's 183 grams doesn't mean it is. More often than not, the weight of the food is higher.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options

You gotta watch prepackaged stuff. Just because it says it's 183 grams doesn't mean it is. More often than not, the weight of the food is higher. Zero out a plate or bowl and dump the prepacked stuff on to weigh it and go by my weight.

• scottsarahrobinson
    Options
    Thanks and well done for sticking with it. I think everyone is right this boost has been great just what I needed thanks all. I will crack on and be more patient ! Promise
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    5lbs in 2 weeks is awesome! Don't compare yourself to others. No one person's journey is the same as the other. Just keep doing it!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    5lbs in 2 weeks is awesome! Don't compare yourself to others. No one person's journey is the same as the other. Just keep doing it!

^ this
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good rate of loss.... why the frustration? I'd pay good money to lose that fast! I take off like a pound every 3 weeks!
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Five pounds in two weeks? That's amazing, and far more than many people experience. Some people only lose .5-1 lb. per week, and many or most have had weeks where we didn't lose anything at all.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Counting calories is awesome, but IMO, there's more to it than that. The type of calories plays into it - whether it's fat/protein/carbs/fiber, etc.

Also - make sure you're accurately assessing the food in your journal. Be careful not to underestimate the amounts of food you're having or undervalue them. If you know you had 1 can of soda but didn't take the last few sips, make sure you still count it as a whole can of soda. It will affect the scale. (just making an analogy....)

Make sure you're also having enough - too little and your body may decide you're starving yourself.

I remember when my husband started P90X. He was always hungry. ALWAYS. I tried to tell him that he needed to have more to eat because the program was that rigorous, but he wouldn't believe me. Then he got an activity monitor, and realized just how many calories he was burning during his workouts, and began to eat a little more....He felt much better, and even looked healthier.

For what it's worth....
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Don't compare to other people- especially people of a different starting weight, activity level, height or gender. That will drive you crazy.
    Losing 2 pounds a week is usually the most a person should aim to lose at a healthy sustainable rate. As others have said, losing 5 lbs in 2 weeks is very good progress. Don't be impatient.