Not sure if I'm doing this right or not? Please help.

Options
strawterri
strawterri Posts: 13
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Two months ago I decided to become vegan and with that came the entry way of eating way more fruits and vegetables that I had ever consumed and it's a good lifestyle for me. I am maintaining it very well. However, I came down with depression and am currently working to lose the weight I had gained which wasn't much but also the excess weight I still had to lose prior to giving up. My routine usually consists of days where I do abs & legs/butt, legs/arms/obliques, etc and I'll provide an example of my ab/leg routine : (30 star jumps, 30 jumping jacks, 10 squat jumps in between each set) for abs I do 15x5 / Ab twists, Bicycle Crunches, Mountain Climbers, Bridges, Crunches, elevated leg crunches / Legs : 12x5 - Sumo squats, squats, walking lunges, one-leg bridges, inner thigh lifts and rotations.
For arms I do 10x5 for right now; regular push ups, lateral push ups, planks, the little backwards chair pushup (sorry not familiar with names..) and then I lift 15 pounds and do the traditional arm lifts along with the jumping routine I have created. I'm not really sure if I'm doing this right and if this will really pay off nicely or not. I'm really aiming to lose a few inches within 45 days and get more lean but recently everything I eat, I get extremely bloated and lumpy, my stomach hangs over and I'm not sure if this is actual weight gain or the fact I should be starting my period soon. Please help!

Note: I do log the food I eat and generally I eat about 1200-1500 calories a day.

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Weigh/measure and log everything you eat. If you're creating a caloric deficit, you'll lose. If you're not, you won't. That's an over simplification, but a place to start.
  • klappeh
    klappeh Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I know when I started eating vegan I got very bloated (gassy) a lot..some research said drastic changes in fiber intake and more vegetables can lead to that at first, but your body will adjust itself and it will go away.

As far as getting results, eat less than you burn a day. Weigh/measure everything. Lift heavy for body reshaping and it will fall into place.