Will I loose weight on 1850 cals a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    For what its worth - I'm eating now 1800-2000 and trying to maintain. Have actually dipped a little lower than I need to. While I still have some flab, I know that strength training/muscle toning will do more to improve the appearance. And need enough calories to 'feed' the muscles... I'm now ~125.
  • vickypalfreyman471
    vickypalfreyman471 Posts: 50 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    RSEC75 wrote: »
    This is another calculator which a lot of people use. Give it a try and see if you get similar figures to MFP. I've found MFP results have seemed about right compared to other calculators.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Thanks for this :) , ill have I look at that . I'm finding MFP really motivating and have stuck to this calorie counting due to being able to log everything down in the app!

• vickypalfreyman471
    Options
    Just want to say thank you for all of the responses! It's the first time I've asked for advice and its lovely that you've al taken the time to help :)

I'm definitely going to measure myself now not try and force myself to eat the max amount of calories allowed.

Also not going to beat myself up over the 5st in a year, if it takes longer then that's fine :) x
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, I'm 5'4.5" and eat a total of 1600-2000 calories per day most of the time (sometimes lower sometimes higher). I average over 1lb per week loss. I'm 157/156 lbs right now (I weigh daily and that's about the average of my fluctuations currently).
  • vickypalfreyman471
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, I'm 5'4.5" and eat a total of 1600-2000 calories per day most of the time (sometimes lower sometimes higher). I average over 1lb per week loss. I'm 157/156 lbs right now (I weigh daily and that's about the average of my fluctuations currently).

Thank you this does make me feel better! Well done on your losses! X
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'6" 5'7" and have been able to lose consistently (1.9 lbs/week) on 1800-2200/day. Eat as many calories as you can (without stuffing yourself) that will let you lose about 1-1.5 lbs/week.