the victory of self love

Options
Ellaskat
Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
This is not about a size or a weight, but about a feeling. I've recently started up my latest attempt to get the healthy lifestyle I want for myself. Part of this for me, has been a promise to prioritize my health through exercise. I've been in my living room, working out, at 5:50 am, 11 of the past 12 days. I'm on a schedule to workout 6 days and then skip a day. Everything was going perfectly! Until it wasn't. Today when I woke up, there was no way I was going to do my workout. At all. Not even partially. Not even a little.

Normally, I would have spiraled into self judging, and spent all day berating myself for being such a failure.

Not today!

Today, on my drive to work, I thought of ways I could get in my workout. So when lunchtime came, I had a plan and did 20 minutues!!! 10 minutes more than my plan!

So I am doing a victory lap!!!! My biggest success to date is loving myself enough to accept a mistake and make a plan to still reach my goals.

Yea me!

Replies

• ProjectEm
    ProjectEm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Those are some of the best NSVs!
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Yeah! That is exactly the way to be successful, too. It is important to have a schedule, but it's never going to be long term life change if you aren't able to adapt. Congratulations, that is a HUGE nsv!
  • 324_B21
    324_B21 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That's a wonderful NSV! :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it isn't about the destination as much as it is about the journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!