Fitness and Nutrition Tools!?

Options
SO what tools are you using to help with your weight loss goals? I have purchased a food scale which really really helps out. I have a heart rate and fitness tracker coming today, the vivo fit, I am excited :) I have a treadmill which I hate to get on but trying to learn to like it. I got a bike trainer (where you make your outside bike a stationary inside bike) its alright. Not the same as outside riding, I love outside bike riding. I have all kinds of weights, resistance bands, jump rope all those little things. and I have an arsenal of Jillian Michael's workout videos haha. I love her workouts the kick my butt. I have in the past lost a lot of weight and got in great shape with them. Of course the last 6 months I have totally let everything go, gained way to much weight and feel horrible. I am bound and determined to get my happy, fit, healthy body and life back! IT IS TOTALLY ON!!!!!

Replies

• Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Food scale, measuring cups and spoons, gym membership. :)
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The food scale is a huge one, makes such a huge difference. I had a cheap one that was not digital. I just got a digital one and I LOVE it!!
  • getstrongkaylen
    getstrongkaylen Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    food scale, measuring cups and spoons, fitbit, my gym membership, my hydroflask (glorified waterbottle that everyone in hawaii owns, pretty sure they are manufactured in oregon) - its suppose to keep your water cold for a long time, which is pretty true because i can put ice in it and it'll last between 2-3 days, oh and i just got one of those fit chairs (the exercise ball chair things) at work since i sit behind a computer for most of the day!
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Water water water water & more water!!! It has helped me a ton! Be sure you're drinking half your body weight on punches. Push on girl!!
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Body weight in ounces*** lol ;)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Good set of running shoes. Thermal undergear and windbreaker for running. Yoga mat, rubber stretchy band thingy.
    Favourite gadget besides my iPhone, Fitbit Zip.
    Favourite apps - IntervalTimer, Endomondo.
    Favourite website, MFP (DUH!) and www.weightgrapher.com.
    Favourite food packaging, ziplocs from snack to freezer size. Chopsticks to remind me to eat slowly.

I want a bluetooth headset.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    MFP, Food Scale and my own bodyweight :)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    • Garmin VivoFit w/Garmin HRM
    • Food Scale
    • Workout DVD's
      • Rockin' Body
      • X-TrainFit @ Home
      • Leslie Sansone : 5 Mega Miles
      • Leslie Sansone : 4 Mile Power Walk
      • Leslie Sansone : Walk It Off in 30 Days
      • Ruthless
      • 30 Day Shred
    • Zombies,Run! (phone app)
    • Zombies,Run5k (couch 2 5k program...phone app)
    • Adjustable Dumbbells (5 to 45lbs each)
    • Resistance Bands (3 different strengths)
    • Weighted Gloves
    • MFP (my best friend :laugh:)
    • Double Stroller (great 4 walks when it's nice out)
    • Hacker's Diet (a website that helps track weight trends)
  • HaideeJo13
    Options
    OOOOOOO I want a glorified water bottle ;) I drink a ridiculous amount of water, yesterday I logged in 220oz. Its my go to, keeps my mouth busy haha. Plus I had two cups of coffee so I had to make up for it.
    I am going to have to check out those apps jgnatca!
    I LOVE Zombies Shadow I am gonna have to check out your fun apps too. I am getting my vivofit today, I am way excited. Do you like yours? I want weighted gloves as well!
  • UCCrista
    UCCrista Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    • Activity Tracker
    • heart rate monitor
    • my exercise-crazy dog and her sneakers (say exercise and she's at the door)
    • 2 pairs of running shoes (alternate, buy at different times to allow for breaking in)
    • gym membership
    • Ball chair at work
    • walking measures circles in front of my house thanks to MapMyFitness and Google Maps
    • MapMyFitness
    • premium performance C9 gear
    • food scale
    • exercise channels on Roku
    • measuring cups and spoons
    • water bottle
    • C25K app
    • MFP (of course), and its app
    I don't use everything at once. I found what I really like about each, and make it all work for me.
  • UCCrista
    UCCrista Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hdenton13 wrote: »
    OOOOOOO I want a glorified water bottle ;) I drink a ridiculous amount of water, yesterday I logged in 220oz. Its my go to, keeps my mouth busy haha. Plus I had two cups of coffee so I had to make up for it.
    I am going to have to check out those apps jgnatca!
    I LOVE Zombies Shadow I am gonna have to check out your fun apps too. I am getting my vivofit today, I am way excited. Do you like yours? I want weighted gloves as well!

There is such a thing as drinking too much water, and you don't want to die that way. It should not be more than half your weight, unless you are dehydrate, and even then you should be careful.
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I also really like my scale which measures your body fat %. While it's not 100% accurate (only really measures the % for your lower body), it at least can give you regular feedback as to your body composition relative to the previous day / week.
  • HaideeJo13
    Options
    I did my research first :) For a 150lb woman you can easily drink between 75-150 oz of water a day. I am unfortunately more than 150lbs. I worked out for over and hour and sweat a lot so I also needed more water to compensate for that and I drank coffee and you should drink an extra cup of water per cup of coffee you drink. So I was right where I needed to be for the day. I drink about a 20oz bottle of water and hour sometimes less.