PiYo

Options
I joined a new gym today and signed up for some classes. One of them is PiYo. Apparently it's a mix between pilates and yoga. I was trying to enter it into MFP but there wasn't anything similar, so I just chose pilates as a substitute. Has anyone ever tried PiYo? If so, what did you think? And any idea how many calories you burn so I can get a more accurate idea for my entries?

Replies

• kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I start a class next week. You can do a google search of other sites to try and get an estimate and then just create your own exercise in MFP with that calorie burn.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I do it at home and my HRM says ~350 for a 45 minute session. Great workout! Love that it's no impact and you still sweat :smiley:
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You will love it! I Always hated yoga and pilates but love doing piyo. i also do it at home haven't taken a class yet in the gym.
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the PIYO videos right now and really love it, such a nice change of pace from all cardio. I wish I knew the calorie burn! I'm logging it as either pilates or yoga and it only has me at 100 calories but I feel like it should be more than that especially for some of the advanced ones.
  • Preciouspitbull
    Preciouspitbull Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I teach PiYo and burn between 250-350 for 50 minutes depending on the intensity of the round we're doing and how hard I push that day
  • wvuaimee
    wvuaimee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I log as Pilates and it says only 100 calories burned:(