Staying fit while studying abroad?

Options
I'm studying abroad in Europe for two months and I want to do my best to stay in shape while I'm here. I walk at least 3 miles per day because I walk everywhere, but I don't have much opportunity to work out besides that. The school that I am at does not have a gym, and the sun here rises at 8:30am and sets around 5pm (I have to be at school from 9-5) and I do not feel comfortable going running in the dark.

So far I have been running on the weekendsand I have been doing a few things like crunches and lunges in my dorm room during the week. Does anybody have any other suggestions for staying in shape without any exercise equipment and only a small dorm room to work out in? Not being able to run every day has been killing me. Thanks!

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    There are many body weight exercises that you can incorporate into a workout (push ups, burps, chair dips, etc.). There are several choices in equipment that you can consider (bands, pull up bar, adjustable dumbbells,adjustable kettle bells, TRX, etc.) that take up very little space can offer outstanding results.

That said, you must start with a commitment to yourself. What do you want to accomplish? Are you really committed to it? Really committed? If you are, you’ll find a way to make it happen.

And finally, don’t be afraid to use the gym. You’ll be surprised how quickly it will become a part of your weekly routine, if you get started and are committed.
  • donutlifter107
    Options
    If you like workout videos, you can find all the Insanity videos online for free!
  • getstrongkaylen
    getstrongkaylen Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender on youtube has some really great workouts!