Am I Being Realistic?

Options
I just checked my weight history from being on MFP since January 2012. My lowest recorded weight was 154 lbs on May 4, 2012. So that's my next big goal. To be at, or lower, than 154 by May 4, 2015. I'm 178.8 right now. That's 15 weeks to lose 24.8 lbs. Is this a realistic goal? It would mean 1.66 pounds per week. Please help me decide if that's just setting myself up for disappointment.

Replies

• shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Seems a little aggressive, unless you have the ambition and willpower to pull it off. It all depends on you. Can it be done. YES. The fear I would have is with that kind of aggressive target you are going to be limiting yourself. What that tends to do is cause people to give up all together and treat it as a diet rather than a change? It's all up to you! Good luck.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't put a date on it - with that amount to lose hitting over 1.5 a week might be pretty tough.
  • kcm105
    kcm105 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My goals are very similar, but for different reasons. I'm at 181 now and want to get to155 by end of April for vacation. I think it's doable, but I also realize it could end up being out of my reach. I think as long as you can keep in mind that all is not lost if you don't quite make it, there's no reason not to set an aggressive goal. But if you're the kind of person who will throw in the towel if you don't get there, then maybe you should give yourself a couple more months to get there.