Trying to start over. Need help.

Options
I downloaded this app last February and started my journey on Feb 17, 2014. I was 286.0 lbs at the beginning. Everything was going great. I was working out 6 days a week, eating healthy, and finishing my final semester at college. I graduated with high honors and continued to eat well, exercise, and lose weight. On July 18, 2014 I hit my low of 213.4 lbs. that week I found a job and started work. I knew I couldn't keep up my exercise routine and had to adjust it and my meals. I found it hard to adjust and my job was stressful (working 60 hours a week). I quickly found myself with little time to exercise and prepare healthy meals. When I did have time off I was exhausted from my job. I started to eat fast food out of convenience and stress eating (my drug of choice). I was burnt out by Christmas and started to look for a new job. I just found one that is only 40 hours a week and a lot less stressful. Yesterday, Jan 13th, I weighed in at 263.2 lbs. I need to get back on track, but I feel a lot less motivated than a year ago. I'm not sure how to jump start this. Any ideas?

Replies

• daisyls85
    daisyls85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I lost 50lb 2 yrs ago with MFP and then got pregnant, and then pregnant again closely after. I understand not knowing how to get back at it. I was highly dedicated and motivated prior to my pregnancies and struggled for a long time to get it back. I really don't have an answer on how I got it back other than I wanted my clothes to fit and I wanted to look and feel better. The holidays ended and I said enough was enough and I am now back to lose the 30 I gained....plus some more! So I guess the answer might be you just have to want it bad enough and stick to it!