Hard

Im not eating enough it says, but I'm scared to eat too much! I don't have a lot of healthy food here cuz I just started. I'm tired of eating Mini Wheats.

Replies

• mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    I know it's hard to eat a lot because you feel like you shouldn't be eating at all to lose weight. You must eat 3 meals a day plus snacks. This keeps your metabolism up & going in order to burn calories & fat. If you only eat once a day then your body will hold in all that food because it hasn't been fueled enough. Make a shopping list of a lot of health items & go shopping. Oatmeal, eggs, yogurt, cereal are all things I love for breakfast. Be sure to get chicken & fish too. Lots & lots of veggies to either cook with meals or just for snacking. Water water water water water!
    Good Luck! :smile:
  • This is hard...my breakfast choice was always a 350 calorie mocha. I had to change that out with a 240 cal blueberry/banana smoothie, I feel better with that change alone. One change at a time will make all the difference, oh yes and lots of water!
  • crashchamp
    crashchamp Posts: 147 Member
    I know it's hard to eat a lot because you feel like you shouldn't be eating at all to lose weight. You must eat 3 meals a day plus snacks. This keeps your metabolism up & going in order to burn calories & fat. If you only eat once a day then your body will hold in all that food because it hasn't been fueled enough. Make a shopping list of a lot of health items & go shopping. Oatmeal, eggs, yogurt, cereal are all things I love for breakfast. Be sure to get chicken & fish too. Lots & lots of veggies to either cook with meals or just for snacking. Water water water water water!
    Good Luck! :smile:

Bolded part is myth. Many people lose weight with no problem eating one or two meals a day. If eating 5-6 times a day works for you to help you not feel hungry go for it but it won't make a difference based on some metabolism rubbish. Once you figure out how many calories you should be eating to safely lose weight eat those calories in a way that you can sustain for the rest of your life.
  • Thank you so much for the advice. I'm new to this and didn't think I would be able to get any support on here. I'm still learning how to make friends on here, and actually use this app.
  • Thanks guys!!!!
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Don't worry about eating too much - if MFP has you set up at a deficit and you're overweight, you're probably already on the right path. If I were to log what my usual meals were prior to changing my lifestyle, the calories would go well over 2,500-2,800 a day - whereas now I'm logging healthy, homemade food at 1,500-1,600 a day. It may seem like a lot but if you're used to eating more processed, high calorie items like I was, you're really doing your body a favor. Follow what MFP says and eat wholesome, healthy food whenever you can. Get some more vegetables and fruit in the house, and eat some lean protein like chicken. Don't be afraid of healthy fats - avocados, nuts, olive oil, eggs. :)

Until you get the chance to get those kinds of items into your home, just monitor what you do eat. Don't overdo it. You can have Mini Wheats and pizza and a glass of wine and cookies, if it fits into your daily total and you stay close to that goal number - don't deprive yourself and try to make small changes to your diet. Make lifestyle choices that stick - that is the hardest part, but so worth it. Good luck!