Vegetarian Recipe Swap

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone would like to share their favorite vegetarian recipes. I just made the switch to pesco-vegetarianism and I would love some ideas!

Replies

• adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    Hi I'm vegetarian for 18 years now (although I don't eat fish so can't help you there!)
    One of my favourites is vegetarian meatballs.

1 cup rolled oats
    3 eggs
    1 cup cottage cheese
    1 tp vegetarian stock powder
    1 onion finely chopped
    25g grated cheese
    1 clove garlic
    1 tp dried basil
    1 tp salt
    1/2 tp sugar
    2 cans chopped or pureed tomatoes (alternatively 1 can concentrated tomato soup with 1 can water)

Mix everything together up to and including the salt. I precook the onion in the microwave but not necessary if you don't like your onion thoroughly soft like I do!
    Put the tomatoes and sugar together (I add a little extra salt too). Put a little of the sauce in the base of a large pan or dish and shape the mix into 'meatballs' on top. A little larger than golfballs works for me, and makes about 15. Pour the rest of the tomato on top and bake for about 30 mins. Nice with a salad or veges, and works out at about 216kj (at least it does on my recipe!) per meatball. I usually have 2 or 3 with salad. I don't know a single person we've served it to who hasn't liked it, even my hardcore carnivorous friends! :smiley: