Weight loss with no exercise?

Options
13»

Replies

• ed_hooters
    Options
    You can lost fat by eating fat... meaning you have to eat clean fat like peanut butter, avocado fish oil, olive oil, chia seed to name a few. And by cutting all sugary products steak to natural and you can also try 1 tsp. cinnamon to mix on all your foods. And for the last try 1 liter of boiled water with 5 pcs. Of green tea and 1 lemon and in the morning after you weak-up drink 2 cups And you can see the result in a couple of months.. trust me im doing this for the last 16 months and it works... good luck on your journey
  • disturbed_s
    disturbed_s Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like the saying 'you lose weight in the kitchen, you get fit in the gym'. I admit I was never big on exercising but when I became serious about getting healthy I bought a treadmill and joined a gym. I now do 45-60 mins cardio first thing and weight train 5 days in the afternoon. The program I follow only takes 19 mins to weight train and I can see definite changes. I know I could lose weight through diet alone but I actually enjoy exercising and pushing myself. I also find the days I don't do anything I'm so sluggish and almost depressed like with no motivation! If you find something you enjoy then it won't seem like a chore, or a partner to exercise with is great too! Good luck :)
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    go on keto all day erriday and you'll lose ALL even muscle, srs.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    What seems to be missing in this thread is pictures. Really curious to see what people look like after losing 50+ lbs without exercise.
  • candiceryerson
    candiceryerson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi friends! I am on my most recent weight loss attempt. A friend at work scared me into submission with her stories of yoyo dieting her whole life, then having to have her thyroid removed at 40 years old due to constantly mangling her blood sugar. Anyways, I'm down 6lbs already and feeling great. Down 2 sizes as well. I wanted to say that My Fitness Pal is based around no exercise, which I didn't know before, so when I would skip a workout I would shame myself although I was sticking to my calories. Today I feel like I'm coming down with a cold, so I will rest when I get home instead of working out -- but now that I am empowered with this information about calories being 80% of why you lose weight, I will NOT shame myself for skipping my workouts yesterday and today. No big deal, I will still control my eating as best as I can.
  • sksk1026
    sksk1026 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight mostly through diet. About 20 pounds in 3 months. I do, however, walk most days for 25-45 minutes because my job is sedentary, and it's time to think and enjoy crisp autumnal weather. I often eat the calories earned, back.100-200 extra calories per day translates into a glass of red wine, a chunk of blue cheese and a dab of cabernet fig jam!
  • eastsiderapids
    eastsiderapids Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm down over 130 pounds with walking as my only exercise.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!