SwitzEngine
SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
what do I need to do to overcome ...

Are you shy?

Replies

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Yup. Me too. Takes a lot to break me out of my shell.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'm shy. I learned years ago to just fake confidence in uncomfortable situations.
  • davesgalforever
    davesgalforever Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Alcohol helps me fight shyness :)
  • missmarymcmcmc
    missmarymcmcmc Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm with buck. I was super shy until about 17 and realized I'd never get anywhere in life being like this! I stepped out of my shell, and haven't shut up since! ha
  • missmarymcmcmc
    Options
    As tink says, you have to fake it till you make it! No kidding
  • missmarymcmcmc
    Options
    I believe you have to do what tink said. Basically fake it till you make it!
  • GoldieGlocks
    GoldieGlocks Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm super shy but don't shut up around friends. Hate being shy though!
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    I'm totally shy.

Nope, not really. Just wanted to say hi.
  • alyssamontezino
    alyssamontezino Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    _Tink_ wrote: »
    I'm shy. I learned years ago to just fake confidence in uncomfortable situations.

Exactly what I did .
  • alyssamontezino
    alyssamontezino Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I use to be shy but if you have confidence or just fake it like what the people above said , you'll soon start loosing the shyness. You'll be fine :)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Nope not shy here☺
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    If you're tongue-tied or short of breath don't even try. But if you want to Try a little harder then Something's wrong.

I'm not naive, but you must must be strong because modern medicine falls short of your complaint, so try a little harder or else you'll just be
    moving in circles because you're too shy. If you see a girl just say "Hey girl, move a little closer!". But really you're too shy-shy, hush hush, eye to eye... too shy too shy, hush hush...

eye to eye!
  • deathbybunny
    deathbybunny Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Almost 40 and still shy...pretending I'm not sometimes in order to function socially.
  • deathbybunny
    deathbybunny Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I get nervous as fck around people with the exception of friends, but even then it's still a little awkward for me. What I do to battle that is to say crazy *kitten* all the time to make them laugh.

I can not score high on promotional tests at work that require oral participation because I start to get tongue tied. I have a 1000 things in my head all at once and all the comes out is some stupid *kitten*. Complete mind midgets score higher than me and make rank when I know more about my job than most of the department. Surely there is therapy for what I'm experiencing.

This sucks :/ I think you should seek some help and see where it goes. It's such a pity to not show your full potential. I really wish you the best.
  • attosa
    attosa Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Noooo! Life is way too short to be shy. I want to know everyone. I want to gain experiences. Not to say being a loudmouth is ok -- cos that's just as bad. Enjoy yourself :)
  • TaminaShock
    TaminaShock Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Never was shy... always a clown
  • cdh2015
    cdh2015 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Not shy...Just introverted due to past experiences. Like with work, I've taught lessons and such so I'm not afraid to speak to people or anything. I just choose to stay alone and spend my time reading except when my wife is home. My wife and family is more than enough for me when it comes to person-to-person contact haha
  • redhead_che
    redhead_che Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    What was "just me being shy" when I was a child is now pretty bad social anxiety. But Xanax is awesome ;)