Counteracting a BAD day?

amtrust
amtrust Posts: 178
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
How long does it take to counteract a really, really bad eating day??? :cry: Embarassingly, I consumed more than twice my calories today....total binge-eating.....now really depressed. :embarassed: Help! =( I've been so frustrated lately....with so much.....so I eat and nap. :yawn: I've gotten off the nap thing, slowly started exercising again, but having trouble getting the eating under control. :ohwell:

Replies

• LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    I always have one day a week where I eat whatever I want, and usually it's WAAY over on calories.
    I found that it never made a difference on weight loss if I took a day off or not, and it's much easier to stay on track this way.
    You could always count that as your day off, and don't even worry about it.
    Then just keep on plowing through the rest of week eating healthy.
    One bad day is not that bad, just keep on going :)
    That's what I do:flowerforyou:
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    In the words of one of my literary heroines, "Tomorrow is another day."
  • Bratkins
    Bratkins Posts: 47
    I don't think there is a way to counter act, the best thing you can do is not beat yourself up and lose hope. We all have our moments, we are only human! Also, throwing off your metabolism here and there is good for it. Don't let that be an excuse to over do it, but just don't let yourself get stuck in the guilt cycle. I know that has been a bad habit of mine in the past.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Well slow down the stress a little - don't forget that twice your day's calories is still probably less than half a pound worth of calories. So break those calories down and tack on maybe 100 extra calories worth of exercising daily until you burn it off (if it makes you feel better to get rid of them). To me, it's great motivation to work out a little more, and I find out that after I'm done doing that workout, I actually work out a little bit more consistently!

But either way, you'll be fine. Promise. Just don't let it be a *very* regular occurrence. :wink:
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    I have heard from many different sources that having a high calorie day once a week actually helps weight loss. It keeps your body guessing what is going on. If you had a good day before and you have a good day tomorrow you will be fine. OR you could add extra time to your workout for a few days. :smile:
  • amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Thank you so much, Everyone. Hearing these words of encouragement are helpful. I will not let myself stay down....I will move forward (I'll keep saying this to myself). :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.